Office space planted nano concept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The second wave of plants arrived today in better shape than the first wave. The plants show signs of fatigue feom traveling, but I believe the majority will make it:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408989318.468615.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408989356.377147.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408989376.799329.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408989393.968828.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408989408.172928.jpg

I have no clue what to do with the all kinds of moss that I received. The driftwood cannot be removed, no nylon is not a realistic choice. Any tips and tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Small black cable/zip ties for the moss. Will grow over and hide them eventually

I'll trade for some of that ar;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1408989855206.jpg
    1408989855206.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 76
I have extra plants, for sure. Can you meet this evening?

Can't do this evening, new toys arrived and I must indulge..
Mini co2 system?? Don't know why anyone would need that;)

The loght is intense. I am considering finishing my last batch of bettas and start working on plants instead (aquatic or not). We only get 6 hours of light in the winter in Boston, but with these lights I might consider something fast growing likes shefflera arboricola or succulents like jade trees.

I am brand new to this forum, and I just spent the last hour going through reading every single post on this. Wow. I didn't know people actually put that much thought into their tanks. Looks amazing by the way! Can't wait to see what it turns into!

Great concept but I'd go for the hydrofarm deal they have at petco..

Thank you.

On a side note, look what I found on kickstarter. I think we could choose a tank size (12"x12"?) and make some custom plant pots to fit the entire bottom. Easy to plant, trim, clean and replace ferts under the substrate.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/avo/avo-the-stylish-self-cleaning-fish-tank?ref=discovery

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Interesting.. the tank itself reminds me of the biorb, which I had at one point. Worse tank ever (major distorted view).. haha

Here's a similar concept but with a cube rimless tank. I actually know these guys (well, sort of), so I might get to test one soon. :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...system-that-grow-flowers-and-he?ref=discovery

What I really liked about it was the modular substrate. We could make 3 types (foreground, midground and background) and be able to swap an entire concept by changing 1/6 of the tank (I imagine 3 rectangular areas on the right and 3 on the left). they could even have magnets on the edge and be able to remove them with a magnetic rod.

Things are looking a lot better: most of the plants that were curvy and yellow are now back to a normal level of rigidity. Frogbits are all regrowing their roots and all the AR are showing small sprouting leaflets.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409252375.171238.jpg

On a side subject, G. Hartzell & Son surgical supplies just had one of their sales reps visiting the school. Special price for the faculty and staff. :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409252555.321892.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409252576.087336.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409252593.539590.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409252606.318732.jpg

Now that the frogbits are 100% recovered, I might remove them from this tank. The roots are really long when you take in consideration the Nano aspect of it.

Back
Top Bottom