10 Gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also found two of these guys. They look like tiny snails of some sort. The more I look the more I find. Is this bad??

Attachments

• image-47237805.jpg
    image-47237805.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-588541699.jpg
    image-588541699.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 119
Nope. Lol. These are the tiny snail looking things. The worms were on the rock. These things are also on the rock. But I just now found these things.

Google copepods and nassarius snail I think that's what your looking at

Stomatella snails. I know I spelt that wrong. lol harmless little guys, you can leave them alone they don't bother anything.

I think your right Carey. It's too small to be the other snails. I do appreciate everyones help!!! I still haven't figured out or found a pic of the worm I saw.

like this?
Planaria aquarium worms - YouTube

I don't know if planaria worms infect salt or fresh water specifically, but it just sounded like those from what you were explaining.

(I'm a freshwater guy, just interested in saltwater)

Either way - I subbed your thread. I'm very interested in this, as I have a 12-gallon hexagonal that I'd like to do a nano reef on someday! :D
Since the hexagonal is taller and less horizontal, I was assuming I'd have to build UPwards. Bad idea?

Are there any articles you'd recommend to a newbie like myself? Stuff that helped you out in the beginning?

I'm excited to see how yours turns out!! Keep us posted!

Janky: I've pretty much just read a lot of threads started by others. I've learned the most by just asking questions. People are really helpful. As of now I'm still cycling and seeding my tank. Letting the base rock become "live" and, as you know, trying to figure out what the little creatures are that I keep seeing. I'm in a battle now with Ich in my 30 gallon freshwater tank. So I did get a little discouraged about my saltwater tank. But from what I've read, it seems like saltwater fish are NOT as prone to getting disease as the freshwater fish. Could be wrong. I am going to order a 20" T5 HO light this weekend and I'm gonna get a HOB skimmer just for some extra filtration. Some say I front need it, but I've found one made just for nano reef tanks and I feel it would help. Having a nano in my opinion is a good way to start. You learn the basics in a small aquarium and it really prepares you for a bigger aquarium.

Aquatraders.com. $49.95. 20" T5 HO 4 bulb light. Thanks to Carey on here! She is a great help!

That's it. They should get more in. I'm not gonna order mine til this weekend. You don't need it while your tank is cycling. If I have to wait longer that will be ok too. :)

So what's the deal with aiptasia? If I spelled that correctly. I just noticed I have one growing on my life rock. And I've also found these mites, looks like mites, on all my rock. I counted ten on a base rock. Small little things. They move really fast.

The mites are probably amphipods. That's good you want tons of them. They are an amazing clean up crew

Back
Top Bottom