10gal stocking help?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MIGHT try a DPuff .. i've had green spotteds & i've had 2 die after like 8-9months over stress.. i take very good care of my fish w/ weekly 30-50% water changes & gravel vacs but i think it was the changes that did it :(

DPs are strictly freshwater right??

i'm gonna do some research now while i'm at work doing nothing lol

i'm a little sad because i went & got MW3 (like a dunce) & now i only have like 50bucks for ciggs & gas this week ..

WHICH MEANS i cant really afford to stock my 10gal :(

i wish you could clean tanks at pet stores for free fish, cuz i would be all about that LOL

gonna try & come up w/ some cash today but i doubt its happenin

& it makes me sad cuz i'm dying for a 2nd tank :( lol

Lol I had to stand in a line to get mine on the midnight release. It was fun and got to see some nice fish before we had to go line up.

decided to try my luck at a 10gal salt instead. was told i could get 3 fish if i do all nanos and i can use the hang-on filter that i already have for it.

i'm BEYOND stoked!!

That sounds cool! I know this is a fw thread, but what species are you looking at? I have no sw knowlegde, so I can't offer advise or anything. I'm just curious. :)

Lolololol i thought you were out of money? Sw is the ultimate money vaccuum!!!! Sounds cool though! What stock? No clowns ;(

i'm a little sad because i went & got MW3 (like a dunce) & now i only have like 50bucks for ciggs & gas this week ..

WHICH MEANS i cant really afford to stock my 10gal :(

i wish you could clean tanks at pet stores for free fish, cuz i would be all about that LOL

gonna try & come up w/ some cash today but i doubt its happenin

& it makes me sad cuz i'm dying for a 2nd tank :( lol

Sounds like now's a great time to quit smoking ! =]

Too bad you don't live closer, I could work out the free fish for tank cleaning deal.

jetajockey said:
Sounds like now's a great time to quit smoking ! =]

Too bad you don't live closer, I could work out the free fish for tank cleaning deal.

Lol i bet you could!!

LOLOL ok soooo scratch the salt.. did the fw community w/ 6 male fancy guppies

i'm gonna do a school of 6 cory when i can find some emerald ones or just dope ones that i fall in love with

i'm also holding a small angel in there for my boy who bought it tonight but wants to cycle his tank first

other than the water clouding up a little due to the gravel, it looks pretty dope..

now i neeeed new decorations though ;)

IMO, emerald corys are too big for a 10g. They reach 3 inches and the girls are really round. The only corys I would recommend for a 10g are pygmyaeus, habrosus, and hastotus. Those guys each reach 1 inch, so they do not need the same amount of swimming room as bigger corys do. But honestly, with 6 guppies, that might be all the boiload you filter can handle. You should keep an eye on your parameters closely for awhile before thinking about adding more.

haha yes i believe we do! especially from the looks of our set ups! LOL

yours looks awesome!!

i was gonna go for the natural look like yours but did colored gravel instead. now i regret it lol oh well .. maybe i'll change it someday

i'm def gonna throw some live plants in when i buy new decor next week though :)

Attachments

• image-2547511664.jpg
    image-2547511664.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 52
  • image-2361457586.jpg
    image-2361457586.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 48
  • image-1879390972.jpg
    image-1879390972.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 54
absolutangel04 said:
IMO, emerald corys are too big for a 10g. They reach 3 inches and the girls are really round. The only corys I would recommend for a 10g are pygmyaeus, habrosus, and hastotus. Those guys each reach 1 inch, so they do not need the same amount of swimming room as bigger corys do. But honestly, with 6 guppies, that might be all the boiload you filter can handle. You should keep an eye on your parameters closely for awhile before thinking about adding more.

oh wow cool beans thanks..

scratch the emeralds then lol

i kinda wanna throw on my extra 55gal hang-on filter for crazy filtration ....

Angel has a great point. I know from experience that 6 guppies stocks a 10 gal w/the AquaTech5-15, for example. A 55 gal filter would be too much flow for a 10 gal. I find an AquaClear 30 is perfect, you'll never have a bio-load issue with a fully stocked 10 gal, and it even has a flow adjuster so you can dial it back if fish are getting knocked around. :)

worrrrrrrrd... that stinks cuz it'd be nice & cheap to just use my extra one lol

the current 10gal filter i have is for 10-20gals .. i think its aqueon

thanks for the help!!

ronnieroach said:
worrrrrrrrd... that stinks cuz it'd be nice & cheap to just use my extra one lol

the current 10gal filter i have is for 10-20gals .. i think its aqueon

thanks for the help!!

If i were you, id do a sortof DIY. And make the flow of the filter less. If you just make the water hit somthing on the wat doen, or keep the water level pretty high i think youd be good...

Nice job yourself! Looks awesome! As far as the plants go, I ordered a 12 plant assortment from aquariumplants.com. This evening I used a 2 liter bottle as a funnel to fill more of the sand. Now the rock has an entire hill behind it for planting and the foreground has a good layer for ground cover.

image-3290337628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom