130 Gallon build journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only thing that's a certain are two German blue rams

I would add those very last. They need an established tank meaning 3-4 month cycled tank. Good choice on those too! In that tank, you can get away with 2 maybe 3 pair of gbr's

Also check out aquabid on wild live bearers. They are very unique!!!

Been looking on that site a bunch. Just hate paying shipping on fish. Always so high

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393962957.915130.jpg out looking for rocks for the tank now.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393963043.195467.jpg

Think that driftwood is a tad to big?

Ha! Texas is the best state, I don't know what you people are talking about.

But it does sound like you have something to start building your tank around, even though the GBRs should be added after the tank is well established.

If you like livebearers, maybe some swordtails? They get too big for most small set ups but you have so much space! I must admit, I'm not very good for large fish suggestions as my 29 gallon is all nano fish and the biggest thing I've kept is Emperor Tetras. My favorite larger fish that I've never been able to keep are the standard sized rainbows, but they tend to be on the pricier side.

Well got my rocks!! Bout 100lbs of grAnite. Will post pics when I get it washed.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393967364.521815.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393967382.710216.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393967400.716220.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393967419.452630.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393967448.144329.jpg

Lots of rocks. I suck at placement. But they are in. Have plants coming in mail this week from two different folks on these boards. Don't ask what kinds I don't know. Just know they are low light requirements.

I would add those very last. They need an established tank meaning 3-4 month cycled tank. Good choice on those too! In that tank, you can get away with 2 maybe 3 pair of gbr's

Also check out aquabid on wild live bearers. They are very unique!!!

Wild livebearers probably aren't a great choice for a tank with rams... Rams are soft water fish and wild livebearers are typically hard water fish. I've tried keeping wild livebearers in the tap water here without much success. They survive for a while, don't breed much, and die prematurely. I use alkaline buffer for my wild livebearers now, and they are doing well, but rams are better suited to our soft tap water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Not sure on the live bearers yet. I certainly like the oddball fish. Glass cats stuff like that. But a tank this size needs a school or two of something.

There's going to be a lot of fish at the auction, and probably a few pairs of really nice rams. A lot of fairly rare and unusual fish always show up, I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom