150g planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can try:

img_1683581_0_6d32ad0c9217eb0e57c3f6b0d16bea55.jpg

img_1683581_1_2432fb14b420e80ca940349918a5c105.jpg

img_1683581_2_ab508e05cb5196009f92d69c3a3d360c.jpg

img_1683581_3_e3fadcef7cb9df48ea4584104f0b6e37.jpg

:D

haha very nice.

Well I'm looking into buying just a regulator and solenoid for now. I'll add controllers and everything later.
But are Miluakee regulators and solenoids decent?
Or do you know what a decent one is that isn't too expensive?

Milwaukees are good regulators and they have great customer service by what I hear. I don't have personal experience with them but for the price they come highly recommended.

Craig

Mr.Pleco said:
Rich, how did the driftwood hunt go?

I forgot to tell you I got a lovely big bit just currently soaking in my pond I can't wait to get it in my tank :)

Try some roseafolia renikii. ( not sure if I spelled that right). I have some and they are a stunning plant and it seems pretty easy to grow. They grow rather tall and they have some red and a magenta coloring. (stunning plant)

Try some roseafolia renikii. ( not sure if I spelled that right). I have some and they are a stunning plant and it seems pretty easy to grow. They grow rather tall and they have some red and a magenta coloring. (stunning plant)

I like those. They look nice. I know the place I've been buying my plants have some higher lighting reds but not sure what they are. I'll check up on it, and if they don't have it I'll just special order it along with my Christmas Moss.

Milwaukees are good regulators and they have great customer service by what I hear. I don't have personal experience with them but for the price they come highly recommended.

Craig

It's tough to figure out what's decent and what's not. As soon as I start leaning towards one I find a bunch people say they are inaccurate and cheap.

But as of now the Miluakee is what I want to buy

Any updates ?

Hey Rich,

Tank has been up and running for about 2 months or so with plants. Not fully planted yet. All my swords died that I bought originally but there were all already iffy when I bought them.

Bought a few more and got a red fan one (name escapes me right now) that someone brought to the store bc they didn't have the lightning to take care of it, and got it for $3.

co2 has been up for a few weeks so I'm waiting for everything to take off. ph just started slowly dropping so getting there.

Right now....12 Prestila Tetra's, 3 Dwarf Gourami, 6 Otto's, 10 Buenos Aires Tetra, 8 Neons, 2 Yoyo loaches, and 2 Austrailain Rainbows.

Mr.Pleco said:
Hey Rich,

Tank has been up and running for about 2 months or so with plants. Not fully planted yet. All my swords died that I bought originally but there were all already iffy when I bought them.

Bought a few more and got a red fan one (name escapes me right now) that someone brought to the store bc they didn't have the lightning to take care of it, and got it for $3.

co2 has been up for a few weeks so I'm waiting for everything to take off. ph just started slowly dropping so getting there.

Right now....12 Prestila Tetra's, 3 Dwarf Gourami, 6 Otto's, 10 Buenos Aires Tetra, 8 Neons, 2 Yoyo loaches, and 2 Austrailain Rainbows.

Love to see new pics and I have change my tank around since I got my wood in, how did the otos settle in I heard they drop like flys when u first get them

Love to see new pics and I have change my tank around since I got my wood in, how did the otos settle in I heard they drop like flys when u first get them

Nice. I bought 3 or 4 from PetSmart since they were only $1 on sale and then bought 3 more at Marinewarehouse. I see 1 all the time, but I'm pretty sure the rest died or got lost in the sump.
My fish like to swim around in my overflows. I bought 2 yoyo loaches, and one of them would always get into the right overflow. I'd have to turn off the pump and let the canister lower the water level in it and then turn that off and then try to catch it.
After 3 times I gave up and let it find it's own way own and somehow it got out...

And I didn't research enough on Buenos Aires because they seem to like to eat every plant just about that I have bought. So that backfired on me.

richpowell1989 said:
What rainbows you got? Also they are schooling fish so I would add a few more :)

Australian. Cleared a few tanks at petsmart since they were on sale and I had gift cards. The Australians were with the buenos aires so I asked for 8 and got 6 aires and 2 rainbows. Didn't realize til I got home. The guy working was slow and not the brightest. Took 30-45 min to get 20 fish lol
So when I get more money, I'm broke from buying a Fluval 405 for my cichlids, I'll go buy more rainbows. They school with the buenos aires so they aren't totally lonely which is nice

What I meant is Australian rainbows are just the group name they have a few different species in that group do you no what ones? And I no what you mean when I bought my 406 if left me broke but well worth it :) plus when I bought my boesmani rainbow he was the only one in the tank and the bloke today ages trying to catch him haha

Oh yeah, I looked it up but I don't remember off the op of my head. Thought about getting the 6 but I've had no problems with my 5 and it's $30 less. And my original hang got sand in the impeller so it's noisy so at times I'd only have 1 hang going.

Mr.Pleco said:
Oh yeah, I looked it up but I don't remember off the op of my head. Thought about getting the 6 but I've had no problems with my 5 and it's $30 less. And my original hang got sand in the impeller so it's noisy so at times I'd only have 1 hang going.

The only reason I got the 06 because it was on alt price so didn't mind :) I have 4 dwarf rainbows, 1 blue rainbow and a boesmani rainbow all stunning fish especially in the morning

Mr.Pleco said:
Nice. Do they eat plants? I always wanted to get a bunch. the 2 that I have look great

No they don't and I have had different rainbows for years, they are stunning fish they are very peaceful just be careful they are jumpers lol

Back
Top Bottom