150g planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to try and fish all the buenos aires and put them with my labs and Maingano. It's hard to grow plants when they get eaten faster than they grow.
Oh I know about jumpers. Bought a red tail shark for my 37 semi that sites on top of my desk. Desk top part is about 5ft high and I was dripping water into a bucket that was sitting next to the tank and I heard a noise and the shark is on my floor lol
And my rainbows are eastern I believe.

Mr.Pleco said:
I'm going to try and fish all the buenos aires and put them with my labs and Maingano. It's hard to grow plants when they get eaten faster than they grow.
Oh I know about jumpers. Bought a red tail shark for my 37 semi that sites on top of my desk. Desk top part is about 5ft high and I was dripping water into a bucket that was sitting next to the tank and I heard a noise and the shark is on my floor lol
And my rainbows are eastern I believe.

I had the same with a blue rainbow I got he completely jumped out my tank and landed about 6 feet from the tank I couldn't believe how far he got haha

I had the same with a blue rainbow I got he completely jumped out my tank and landed about 6 feet from the tank I couldn't believe how far he got haha

That's the only fish I've ever had jump. I've had a senegal bichir for awhile now and they are supposed to jump a lot too and never had any problems.

Wish me luck catching 9 more Beunos Aires in a 6ft tank!! haha

So sadly it took me less time to catch all the Buenos Aires except 3 than it took me to get the yoyo loach out of my overflow. The other 3 caught on to my feeding with the net right there. So I have to figure out how to catch them now.

Had a question about rainbows. Do they all school together or should I just get a school of each one I want?

Mr.Pleco said:
So sadly it took me less time to catch all the Buenos Aires except 3 than it took me to get the yoyo loach out of my overflow. The other 3 caught on to my feeding with the net right there. So I have to figure out how to catch them now.

Had a question about rainbows. Do they all school together or should I just get a school of each one I want?

I have 4 dwarf rainbows, 2 bosemani, 2 blue rainbows and 3 red rainbows they all school together.

You don't have to get all the same for them to school but they do all have to be some type of rainbow hope it helps you :)

I have 4 dwarf rainbows, 2 bosemani, 2 blue rainbows and 3 red rainbows they all school together.

You don't have to get all the same for them to school but they do all have to be some type of rainbow hope it helps you :)

Nice! I stopped by Petsmart and picked up 6 more Eastern Australian. They also surprisingly had Zebra Loaches so I ended up getting 6 and then 10 more Neons! now my christmas giftcards are gone.

Now I just have to get ferts and get the last 3 Buenos Aires out so I can get my plants to grow more.

OBEYtheFISH said:
They sell rainbows at petsmart?

Yeah, not bosemani. They have eastern Australian rainbows. $2.69. Not sure if they all stock them all the time or if i got lucky. They've had them all month. Got 2 on accident when I bought my buenos aires, the guy gave me 2 rainbows. Picked up 6 more today.

Mr.Pleco said:
Nice! I stopped by Petsmart and picked up 6 more Eastern Australian. They also surprisingly had Zebra Loaches so I ended up getting 6 and then 10 more Neons! now my christmas giftcards are gone.

Now I just have to get ferts and get the last 3 Buenos Aires out so I can get my plants to grow more.

Sounds good to me :) what ferts you getting? Also would love to see some new pictures with all these in your tank now

Sounds good to me :) what ferts you getting? Also would love to see some new pictures with all these in your tank now

Looking at ferts from Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Main, Main, Dry Fertilizers, Dry Fertilizers,
Someone gave me the link and told me what I should be looking to buy, it's in this thread somewhere.

Once I get the last 3 Buenos Aires out, get replacement t5's to replace the blue lights on my t5's and ferts and I should be looking good.

I'll def work on getting a updated picture with fish!

Mr.Pleco said:
Looking at ferts from Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Main, Main, Dry Fertilizers, Dry Fertilizers,
Someone gave me the link and told me what I should be looking to buy, it's in this thread somewhere.

Once I get the last 3 Buenos Aires out, get replacement t5's to replace the blue lights on my t5's and ferts and I should be looking good.

I'll def work on getting a updated picture with fish!

Sounds like a plan, blue bulbs really don't work

w
Sounds like a plan, blue bulbs really don't work

Yeah it's one of those dumb things where they call it a t5 and then give you one fw light and a coral light so gotta replace it and I haven't seen a 36in 39w bulb anywhere which is what is in there now

Mr.Pleco said:
w

Yeah it's one of those dumb things where they call it a t5 and then give you one fw light and a coral light so gotta replace it and I haven't seen a 36in 39w bulb anywhere which is what is in there now

I have about 6 spare ones in my cupboard and 2 in my t5 unit, here in the uk they are very easy to get hold of every company do them I have all different brands I like to experiment and see what ones give me the best results

I have about 6 spare ones in my cupboard and 2 in my t5 unit, here in the uk they are very easy to get hold of every company do them I have all different brands I like to experiment and see what ones give me the best results

Mine are HO's. I'll ask next time I'm at Marinewarehouse. My swords are doing okay right now with just one t5 ho on each fixture but I think they'd start to actually grow once I got the other bulbs changed. Think the red sword would come back too, was kind of beat up when I bought it cuz someone didn't want it anymore.

And I hope the loaches take care of the snails that I can't get too.

Mr.Pleco said:
Mine are HO's. I'll ask next time I'm at Marinewarehouse. My swords are doing okay right now with just one t5 ho on each fixture but I think they'd start to actually grow once I got the other bulbs changed. Think the red sword would come back too, was kind of beat up when I bought it cuz someone didn't want it anymore.

And I hope the loaches take care of the snails that I can't get too.

Ho are the ones everyone on here use that's what mine are, mine are 39w t5 Ho

Ho are the ones everyone on here use that's what mine are, mine are 39w t5 Ho

True, it's plants forgot. They usually have 24w HO bulbs but never 39w. Still not sure if I want to keep my other 2 fixtures that I bought with the tank. They aren't HO's. My problem is I'm one of those people who likes nice things and don't mind spending money if it's nice. And it's bad to be a person like that with aquariums because I'll go broke fast haha

Mr.Pleco said:
True, it's plants forgot. They usually have 24w HO bulbs but never 39w. Still not sure if I want to keep my other 2 fixtures that I bought with the tank. They aren't HO's. My problem is I'm one of those people who likes nice things and don't mind spending money if it's nice. And it's bad to be a person like that with aquariums because I'll go broke fast haha

I no what you mean I have to have the nice ones to :) here I can get 24w, 39w, 54w t5 Ho very easily all my local lfs have them all they are very very easy to get, can't you get any?

I no what you mean I have to have the nice ones to :) here I can get 24w, 39w, 54w t5 Ho very easily all my local lfs have them all they are very very easy to get, can't you get any?

I haven't seen any 39w HO's at my normal stores. They have the smaller fixture HO bulbs but not what I need. Marinewarehouse is good about ordering thins so it won't be a problem.

This tank is driving me crazy. My grandpa had tanks years ago and used to breed angels and I was in his attic and found all his rocks and driftwood so I scaped my 50 and 37 with more rocks and now I'm soaking the driftwood to add to the 150. Want to cut up one of the pieces I found originally with the one in the tank now and mount it and put it in.

And I want Discus too. I'm researching to see if that's an option at all.

Mr.Pleco said:
I haven't seen any 39w HO's at my normal stores. They have the smaller fixture HO bulbs but not what I need. Marinewarehouse is good about ordering thins so it won't be a problem.

This tank is driving me crazy. My grandpa had tanks years ago and used to breed angels and I was in his attic and found all his rocks and driftwood so I scaped my 50 and 37 with more rocks and now I'm soaking the driftwood to add to the 150. Want to cut up one of the pieces I found originally with the one in the tank now and mount it and put it in.

And I want Discus too. I'm researching to see if that's an option at all.

Wish I found a load, like that I am having a real hard time trying to find a few nice sized rocks

Back
Top Bottom