150g planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know here you can do to Home Depot and Lowe's and find rocks and the fish stores have them too but they are by the pound. Think we talked about it before lol

I love rocks. I put 2 new pictures up of my 50 and 37 that I scaped with rocks in my album. They are the new rescaped pictures, much better than before

Mr.Pleco said:
I know here you can do to Home Depot and Lowe's and find rocks and the fish stores have them too but they are by the pound. Think we talked about it before lol

I love rocks. I put 2 new pictures up of my 50 and 37 that I scaped with rocks in my album. They are the new rescaped pictures, much better than before

Yh we did talk about it before lol the fish stores round here normally do them but for some reason they all have sold out at the same time, going to go my local bnq ( uk hardware store ) they have everything like rocks and stones for your pond so will pick some up I hope

I normally have rocks but I'm currently re scaping my 55 and can't find the right bits anywere buy I will :)

Yh we did talk about it before lol the fish stores round here normally do them but for some reason they all have sold out at the same time, going to go my local bnq ( uk hardware store ) they have everything like rocks and stones for your pond so will pick some up I hope

I normally have rocks but I'm currently re scaping my 55 and can't find the right bits anywere buy I will :)

Hope you find them!

I just build a new driftwood addition with the other pieces I found the first time around!! I'll have a picture up in a few! I'm so pumped. It looks great

Mr.Pleco said:
Hope you find them!

I just build a new driftwood addition with the other pieces I found the first time around!! I'll have a picture up in a few! I'm so pumped. It looks great

Looking forward to seeing it :) and I did find some I got grey lava rock it looks amazing in my tank now will have to show you it soon

Looking forward to seeing it :) and I did find some I got grey lava rock it looks amazing in my tank now will have to show you it soon

I'm very picky about rocks, they have to look good. I can't even tell you how long I spent rearranging rocks before I put them in the tank and then after they are in the tank. It brings out my creativity.

I remembered I had 2 more pieces of driftwood in my garage that I didn't end up using and since my cabomba got ripped up by the gourami's and Beunos Aires I figured i'd scape some wood there.

I hope I still have all the pictures I was sending my buddy so you can see the before and after. I rinsed off the sump pad so hopefully the water clears fast!

img_1764129_0_0be5cc25eeadce59f38563c258a29ae0.jpg

Piece 1
img_1764129_1_c141080bc2c7dc328fd0564258ddd865.jpg

Piece 2..bad lighting
img_1764129_2_db11f54f6f5a597b4e6329b100d17e49.jpg

The build
img_1764129_3_314a1ad472f8468e6b8437c54bdabfdb.jpg

Left side
img_1764129_4_b6470a588b0575257f1761ef245cb230.jpg

Now I just need $$ so I can get ferts and more plants!

Looks amazing mate I love the wood you got, how long it been set up now? Here is my new 55 got it for free of my mate

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120126_092959.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120126_092959.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20120126_093038.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120126_093038.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 83
Love it! Actually it's about 2 months now...seems like so much longer.
Nothing better than a free tank that's a decent size. I like the black sand with plants, kinda of wish I got more black Flourite.

How long as your 55 been running? What are you thinking about stocking? Can't tell if there are a few fish in there or not.

Mr.Pleco said:
Love it! Actually it's about 2 months now...seems like so much longer.
Nothing better than a free tank that's a decent size. I like the black sand with plants, kinda of wish I got more black Flourite.

How long as your 55 been running? What are you thinking about stocking? Can't tell if there are a few fish in there or not.

I have had it set up for bout 7 weeks it has 6 rainbows a bristlenose pleco and 3 algae eaters, ny mate paid 600 for it about 5 months ago so defiantly worth it for free lol

I have had it set up for bout 7 weeks it has 6 rainbows a bristlenose pleco and 3 algae eaters, ny mate paid 600 for it about 5 months ago so defiantly worth it for free lol

Wow nice nice, the rainbow tank. You have no idea how mad I got when my friend mentioned Craigslist to me and looking for tanks. I never thought of that. Much better prices for the most part.

I dropped 200 on my 50 a year ago for just the tank and 125 for the starter kit 37. I got my 150g for 540 with just about everything.

I'm really thinking about getting a pleco for my 150 but I know they go crazy and just run stuff over. I have a common in my 37 but don't think I'd ever be able to get it out. Most of my plants are rooted well though so I don't think it'd be that much of a problem til it got bigger.

Mr.Pleco said:
Wow nice nice, the rainbow tank. You have no idea how mad I got when my friend mentioned Craigslist to me and looking for tanks. I never thought of that. Much better prices for the most part.

I dropped 200 on my 50 a year ago for just the tank and 125 for the starter kit 37. I got my 150g for 540 with just about everything.

I'm really thinking about getting a pleco for my 150 but I know they go crazy and just run stuff over. I have a common in my 37 but don't think I'd ever be able to get it out. Most of my plants are rooted well though so I don't think it'd be that much of a problem til it got bigger.

I like plecos especially bristlenose plecos they stay smaller so don't control the tank lol we don't have a craiglist here but there is a thing called gumtree and aquarist classifieds which is basically the same

I'll have to look into it. Hopefully get one or 2 and a Burneo (believe that's how it's spelled).

I need bigger fish that aren't going to fit through the overflow slits and end up dead in my sump lol

Mr.Pleco said:
I'll have to look into it. Hopefully get one or 2 and a Burneo (believe that's how it's spelled).

I need bigger fish that aren't going to fit through the overflow slits and end up dead in my sump lol

What size it the hole? And I agree only problem is I like to see them mature so I always get smaller or younger fish to watch them grow

Also I seen your other thread started about light I use Geisemann Aquaflora and midday they are the best I have used and would recommend them to you but can be a bit expensive

The slits are a little less than 1/2 in wide so just about everything can fight right now except gouramis.
Found 3 neons in the last 2 days dead on my sump pad.
I looked at them..would you suggest I just replace both? Or just the coral bulb? And get either of the others

Mr.Pleco said:
The slits are a little less than 1/2 in wide so just about everything can fight right now except gouramis.
Found 3 neons in the last 2 days dead on my sump pad.
I looked at them..would you suggest I just replace both? Or just the coral bulb? And get either of the others

I would at least suggest change the coral one blue light only grows algae, but if you can afford it I would change both

Right, I don't even turn the blue on. I'll look into lights. I get paid in a few days. Is there a 2nd brand you'd recommend? I found the bulbs on amazon but it's $8 shipping

Mr.Pleco said:
Right, I don't even turn the blue on. I'll look into lights. I get paid in a few days. Is the
re a 2nd brand you'd recommend? I folpund the bulbs on amazon but it's $8 shipping

8 shipping ain't to bad I have to pay 12 its because its a long package, I also like hagen life glo bulbs

8 shipping ain't to bad I have to pay 12 its because its a long package, I also like hagen life glo bulbs

I was going to ask about those. Saw those online too and walmart sells them oddly enough online...
That's why I was questioning them lol

I got $60 for doing my grandparents yard so my buddy and I are going to go blow our money while we have it. I'll see if they have bulbs there.

Probably going to get 2 bristlenose if the price is good and plants.

Mr.Pleco said:
I was going to ask about those. Saw those online too and walmart sells them oddly enough online...
That's why I was questioning them lol

I got $60 for doing my grandparents yard so my buddy and I are going to go blow our money while we have it. I'll see if they have bulbs there.

Probably going to get 2 bristlenose if the price is good and plants.

I have them on my 125 gallon and I can only say good thinks I have had great results with them but I no they are not the best

Back
Top Bottom