210g discus build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for a while, there are 13 angels in there too and a dozen rams dont forget. the tank is well stocked for now, plants are going in on friday(thanks KIA).

It is 100% stocked till some/most die.

For discus, yes. I did add 2 angels, a yoyo loach and cory yesterday. I may replace two GB rams that have kicked it. That leaves the stocking at 14 discus, 13 angels, 10 rams (4 GB & 6 golds), 30+ tetras (neons, cardinals & glowlights) and 14 bottom feeders (cory, loach, plecos, banjo cats & SAEs).

Holy moley that tank is gorgeous...inhabitants and plants alike. I am excited to see how you finish the setup. Looks amazing so far. To be sure, when I can set my tank back up you and I are going to have long conversations :) :) :). I am a discus lover!

hopefully some breed but my father isnt aiming for that, if they do cool, if not no biggie in his opinion.

90% of the plants you sold me yesterday are going in this tank, I think we;ve given up on that plan to aquascape by design, just going to order the ferts and put my knowledge of aquascaping to the real test.

hopefully some breed but my father isnt aiming for that, if they do cool, if not no biggie in his opinion.

90% of the plants you sold me yesterday are going in this tank, I think we;ve given up on that plan to aquascape by design, just going to order the ferts and put my knowledge of aquascaping to the real test.

Not lookin to get into breeding, did that my first go round in the hobby. Mostly africans, angels and some mouth-breeders. Now I just want to sit back and enjoy their peaceful world.

Interesting note, 2 days after the angels went in, had a pair drop eggs on a sword leaf. Got eaten within a day. This past Tuesday the same pair laid eggs on the overflow well. Half appear to be DOA, but they're fanning like mad. Never thought angels would lay eggs in a community tank. They don't seem to mind the discus, rams or tetras in their zone (left half of the tank), but they keep the other 11 angels bottled up outside the zone.

Not lookin to get into breeding, did that my first go round in the hobby. Mostly africans, angels and some mouth-breeders. Now I just want to sit back and enjoy their peaceful world.

Interesting note, 2 days after the angels went in, had a pair drop eggs on a sword leaf. Got eaten within a day. This past Tuesday the same pair laid eggs on the overflow well. Half appear to be DOA, but they're fanning like mad. Never thought angels would lay eggs in a community tank. They don't seem to mind the discus, rams or tetras in their zone (left half of the tank), but they keep the other 11 angels bottled up outside the zone.

it was the anubias that had the eggs on it and the pair that dropped those were the first angels I bought when I had the small bowfront set up. The pair that dropped on tuesday on the overflow are a different pair, those were two of the 3 angels I bought at the last swap we went to.

Yeah they did take over that half of the tank real quick didnt they. Like we talked about at lunch, if they survive, good for them if not then oh well, we got the tanks to do it in but I dont want to set them up again, I just tore em down and hauled em out of here.

I am very satisfied with the way it turned out, I will be even more satisfied after I get KIA's plants in there tomorrow while the rugrats are at school.
Thanks for having the faith in me to do this build for you(you know I dont let anyone touch my tank) it means alot, best part is being able to see it every day.

Lookin really good man, you came a long ways with it and did a great job. Props to you!

Thanks Chad. Hows things going for you? any less hecktic? also you can turn that 250 into the new livingroom's coffee table.
I mean you get the tank, she gets a nice glass coffee table that anyone who comes over will be glued to. warm her up to it, never hurts to just do it and listen to what she comes up with later , half the time I cant understand the language my wife is speaking when she yells at me,LOL.

Thanks Chad. Hows things going for you? any less hecktic? also you can turn that 250 into the new livingroom's coffee table.
I mean you get the tank, she gets a nice glass coffee table that anyone who comes over will be glued to. warm her up to it, never hurts to just do it and listen to what she comes up with later , half the time I cant understand the language my wife is speaking when she yells at me,LOL.

Hahaha nice, I'm thinkin real hard about it man. We move a bunch of stuff this weekend and my father in law is going to help me look at the upper living room (about 4ft above ground..tri level house) structure to see if we could reenforce it and put it up there. Ill let you know for sure.

Album updated as of current

2m7i0k2.jpg

and the entire set up as of yesterday morning.
2z3us1h.jpg

I gotta macgyver a way to get the polisher set up full time on the sump, I am not happy with the friggin hoses hanging all over.

I lost another private locally bred discus last night, I got 3 out of the original 6 left but the fish from discusmadness and hawaiidiscus are doing fantastic. Rams well got 1 out of 12 left, he killed the others including his woman.

Its getting there a few more minor tweaks and it will be completely stocked and buttoned up. I found a 230g acrylic for 300 bucks local craigslist, its practically brand new very clean and clear but the wife absolutely will not allow me to remove the couch to the garage for another fish tank. Might be time to add a room or two to the house.

I gotta macgyver a way to get the polisher set up full time on the sump, I am not happy with the friggin hoses hanging all over.

I lost another private locally bred discus last night, I got 3 out of the original 6 left but the fish from discusmadness and hawaiidiscus are doing fantastic. Rams well got 1 out of 12 left, he killed the others including his woman.

Its getting there a few more minor tweaks and it will be completely stocked and buttoned up. I found a 230g acrylic for 300 bucks local craigslist, its practically brand new very clean and clear but the wife absolutely will not allow me to remove the couch to the garage for another fish tank. Might be time to add a room or two to the house.

When (if) you get your own place, you can add however many rooms you want. This house is staying as-is :p

You think you are jealous, I wish it was MINE but till he kicks the goat for good its HIS tank, I just lay it out and do maintenance on it.

I promise to get the good camera out and take some really nice pics of these guys and the tank. I know my dad is waiting for them to his his HDD.

We appreciate the kind words about this build, its very appreciated.

Absolutely gorgeous.... that's all I can say. Everyone getting along ok?

Back
Top Bottom