29 gallon planted stock ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
So in a while I'll be upgrading my 10g to a 29g planted tank. The fish from the ten will go in the 29. So far it's:
5 neon tetras
2 blood fin tetras

I was thinking add 3 bloodfins and 2 neons and then add 3 honey gouramis for a total of

7 neon tetras
5 bloodfin tetras
3 honey gouramis

What else could I add? I would like a nice centerpiece fish:)

Well my gourmi ate about half of my neon tetras (either that or they flew away) and i was pretty pissed. Haha so i dont no if gourmis are such a bueno idea, but for a center piece fish i suggest something like german blue rams. A pair would be dankk!

those are sexy fish... so
7 bloodfins
7 neons
2 german blue rams
3 khulis?
too much?

Haha umm that seems like a good stock. Instead of kuhulis, you could get 5 more neons, but you want a bottom feeder for sure! You like corys?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha umm that seems like a good stock. Instead of kuhulis, you could get 5 more neons, but you want a bottom feeder for sure! You like corys?

Yeah! What kind is best? So
7 bloodfins
10 neons
2 German blue rams
Cory cat...?

SwimsWithFish said:
Yeah! What kind is best? So
7 bloodfins
10 neons
2 German blue rams
Cory cat...?

My favorite cory cats are "Peppered Cories" You could have a school of 4-6 in that tank. They do much better in schools.

SWEET! So....
5 bloodfins
10 neons
2 German blue rams
5 peppered Cory cats.
Woah!!! 22 fish! In a SW I would get killed with trites.

Lol I have a freshwater, I'm starting a reef, and when that's done I'll upgrade my freshly to a bigger planted:D

Cool beans!!! Ok so official plan!
7 bloodfin tetras
10 neon tetras
5 peppered Cory cats
2 German blue rams
10 rcs
5 ghost shrimp
2 mystery snails

Off topic posts have been deleted. The topic of this thread is Swim's 29 gallon planted stock list... please keep it that way or this thread will be closed.

I'd leave out the RCS (you'll never see them if any even survive) and the mystery snails (they are plant eaters).

I am just going to chime in here and say that your final stock sounds fine. :) Make sure to get really healthy looking rams since they are pretty sensitive. Honestly, I think you would have been fine with a couple of honeys, but if you want the rams instead, thats fine too. They look really amazing with neons because the colors match so well. Like I said, just beware that they can be difficult for some people. :) Also, sometimes ram pairs will chase corys or pick at their fins. Often its fine though, just letting you know of your options.
Also, rams will likely hunt down every single shrimp in your tank. I suggest you start with the ghosties to see how the other fish react to them sincethe rcs are usually more expensive. But, don't get your hopes up too high. I have doubta bout being able to keep such small shrimp with those fish in a lightly planted tank. But, you never know. :)

severum mama said:
Off topic posts have been deleted. The topic of this thread is Swim's 29 gallon planted stock list... please keep it that way or this thread will be closed.

I'd leave out the RCS (you'll never see them if any even survive) and the mystery snails (they are plant eaters).

The rams will love your rcs.

Alright no rams then. I already have the shrimp. Any ideas for another centerpiece?

My corys started in a 29 they soon out grew it n now in my 75 they r bout 4 inches each

The current list is
7 bloodfins
10 neons
5 Cory's
How many more fish can I get? Any ideas for a centerpiece?

Back
Top Bottom