29 gallon planted stock ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what my parents keep saying! Haha I don't want to give the fish to stranger, but I guess I will have to.

I will (hopefully) have enjoyed them for years, so I guess it is worth it.

Buying a premade tank is kinda like buying a puzzle thats already been put together. Sure somewhat put a lot of time putting it together, but thats the point.

aqua_chem said:
Buying a premade tank is kinda like buying a puzzle thats already been put together. Sure somewhat put a lot of time putting it together, but thats the point.

Not to get further off topic, but this interests me.

So you like trying to find all of the "pieces" for a tank? I bought mine on craigslist, and found it very convenient knowing that i have bought a "package" of stuff. An all in one deal. I was just wondering :) And i agree, the re-sell value of a tank is dirt, sorry swimswithfish hahah

Not to get further off topic, but this interests me.

So you like trying to find all of the "pieces" for a tank? I bought mine on craigslist, and found it very convenient knowing that i have bought a "package" of stuff. An all in one deal. I was just wondering :) And i agree, the re-sell value of a tank is dirt, sorry swimswithfish hahah

I wasn't referring to the stuff so much as the occupants. As far as stuff goes, if you're paying anywhere near the normal price of something, I would rather buy it new.

Also, it seems that whenever I see someone giving away a "kit" of stuff, they always have a fetish with air pumps..... Seriously, anyone know why CL people always have several air pumps?

Lol I'm going to college in four years too and the way I see it is... Sell the tanks on CL and bank $$$BIG TIME$$$ lol.
Yeah, tank re-sale value is HORRENDOUS. I promise. I would never dream of paying anyway near the original value of a used tank. If you watch CL, the people charging what they spent on the tank NEVER sell it.

I know from experience .. I had over $450 into my 55g .. it sold for $180 and I had to thrown a few fish in the deal!

Haha guys you took me too seriously, obviously I'm not going to make much! I'm going to sell them in pieces when the time comes. And maybe even give the fish to my lfs. I'll be lucky to make 400$ for the two.

Also, it seems that whenever I see someone giving away a "kit" of stuff, they always have a fetish with air pumps..... Seriously, anyone know why CL people always have several air pumps?

Most are running undergravel filters with the air pumps and have a pump for every air tube.

I'd suggest a pair of honey gouramis. IME trios work, but that's not how it works 90% of the time. JMO.

Yep, that will work for plants. In fact...HEY! That's my fixture! Copycat! :D

Last edited:
Yes :)

Quite a variety actually. Rotala rotundifolia/indica, amazon swrods, crypts, java fern, water wisteria, ludwiga, hyda, ya know, your usual such and such ;)

SWEEEET! Should I get the plants at petco that come in plastic tubes? I'm scared to get the ones in water because of snails. Also, how do I plant them? I'll have 10 lbs of gravel and 20 lbs of black sand.

SwimsWithFish said:
SWEEEET! Should I get the plants at petco that come in plastic tubes? I'm scared to get the ones in water because of snails. Also, how do I plant them? I'll have 10 lbs of gravel and 20 lbs of black sand.

I wouldnt go tubes, they aret always healthy. To get rid of snails, put the plant in a bowl of water and give each leaf a little scrape

To scrape off eggs? Those things are nasty little uedufnfisnejfkfmsoej. I'd love to have some rocks ad some sort of carpet like this...

image-3387559592.jpg

And I want to model my tank after this one.

Attachments

• image-2597993301.jpg
    image-2597993301.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 47
SwimsWithFish said:
To scrape off eggs? Those things are nasty little uedufnfisnejfkfmsoej. I'd love to have some rocks ad some sort of carpet like this...

And I want to model my tank after this one.

Oh that does look nice. Unfortunatly, i think youd have to upgrade your lights for a carpet like that

Lol no carpet then. I'll do driftwood, holy rock and plants duuhhh. Is whisteria that free floating plant that can make a really dense jungle in the water?

SwimsWithFish said:
And bamboo!!!

I was doing some research because I wanted to put bamboo in my tank as well but I heard bamboo weren't made to be fully submerged. Anyone have any experiences with bamboo?

Back
Top Bottom