29 gallon planted stock ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might bump up your kuhlis to 6-8. They are gregarious and you'll see them more of they have more pals.

Dg are too small to really eat neons. I suggest a honey gourami or a pair of pearl instead though because dg are often pretty unhealthy IMO.

Yeah I've never had luck with dgs. I think I'll stick with a pair of rams and add 4 more Khulis like aqua said.

Whoops, you guys posted before my post was up.
Yeah, rams or apistos would be good. I think you should have at least 4-5 kuhlis, but I would honestly just pick either them or the corys if you also want rams.
Also, beware that some rams will chase/nip corys if the rams pair up. Sometimes its not an issue, sometimes it is. You never know. Just keep an eye on it if you that route because you do not have a huge amount of floor space. I suggest kuhlis instead of corys if you get a pair of rams.

Alright so no Cory's.
7 bloodfins
10 neons
2 rams
6 khulis

What else do you think I can add?

I think that sounds fine. :) Always keep an eye on any potentially territorial fish, but I think that should work out fine with the honey. :)
I would also recommend a couple of nerite snails. They are pretty, and they eat algae. :)

Thanks!:) they aren't asexual right? Because I've got a pond snail infestation in my 10:(

SwimsWithFish said:
Thanks!:) they aren't asexual right? Because I've got a pond snail infestation in my 10:(

I think they are, but fry cant live in fw, so yoir good

I am not sure if they are asexual or not, but like Gboy said, the babies can't hatch in freshwater, so they can't infest your tank. :)

Woohoo! Yeah there really pretty. This is a bit off topic but how do I get my bottom feeders to eat? My wafers get eaten by bigger fish.

SwimsWithFish said:
Woohoo! Yeah there really pretty. This is a bit off topic but how do I get my bottom feeders to eat? My wafers get eaten by bigger fish.

Break them up, space them out, distract the bigger fish with flakes...

I agree with Gboy. If you put the flakes/wafers/pellets all in at the same time, the top-feeders can't get everything, so something will be left for the bottom feeders. If the bottom feeders mostly get flakes, thats totally fine too. :) I break up the wafers and hide bits under plants and decorations for my bottom feeders sometimes. :)

Cool thanks guys! Man I can't wait to get this going. I love the simple beauty of freshwater but I also love the complex science and care that makes reef tanks amazing:) soon I'll have the best of both worlds:) mwahhahaha.

SwimsWithFish said:
Cool thanks guys! Man I can't wait to get this going. I love the simple beauty of freshwater but I also love the complex science and care that makes reef tanks amazing:) soon I'll have the best of both worlds:) mwahhahaha.

Hey ill trade you my planted for your reef! Haha!! But seriously, both types are amazing in different ways!

SwimsWithFish said:
soon I'll have the best of both worlds:) mwahhahaha.

Luuuuccckkkkkyyyyy I have been trying to talk my mom into letting me set up just ONE more tank that would be a ten gallon reef, but NO. "You're going to college in four years! Who's taking care of all your fish tanks then!"

Lol I'm going to college in four years too and the way I see it is... Sell the tanks on CL and bank $$$BIG TIME$$$ lol.

Back
Top Bottom