29 gallon thread/journal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good call...I had to take my black skirts back..the only fish my DG has ever went after. He would not leave those things alone. I think they were shaped too much like him.

Is their any tame shark you don't wanna push the bottom with the school of cories to much IMO. We had a red tail but it got to aggressive the 30g so we took him to the lfs, had him for a long time.

so would this work?
6-male guppies,
6-white skirt tetras,
6-juli corys,
1-Bristlensoe Pleco or Rio-Negro Pleco,
2-Apistogramma Cacatuoides,
1-dwarf gourami or kribensis or german blue ram

Way too much going on for a 29 gallon IMO.

The guppies will more than likely get shredded by the white skirts. I would suggest smaller, more peaceful tetras, or skip the guppies.

Julii cories get fairly large, 6 is plenty for the bottom of that tank. A bristlenose is doable with them but as I have already mentioned, please do not add any more dwarf cichlids with the pair of apistos that you have coming. As tempting as it might be, your apistos will more than likely spawn eventually- several of the pairs have spawned here- and any "odd man out" dwarf cichlid is going to be the first target of aggression. A 29 gallon just does not afford enough space for another cichlid to get away from your pair.

A dwarf gourami might work, but most of the stock available at LFSs is so weak I wouldn't expect it to last long.

do you have a better stock then the guppies? i need something for the top and i ruled the other cichlid out last night

what about
6-of some kind of dwarf rainbowfish or small killifish or endler's
6-white skirt tetras
6-juli corys
1-rio-negro pleco
2-apistos

hahaha I don't like hatchets either! What about a rasbora? The thread has gotten pretty long so forgive me if we already discussed those. I love the purple harlequin rasboras and the pork chop rasboras. I also love my dadio's. I don't know how easy they are to find, but they are really beautiful fish, that school quite actively but are still laid back.

Personally, if it were me, I'd replace the tetras instead of the guppies. I just got rid of my 6 black skirts. IMO they need a more semi-aggresive type set up. Eveyrone else on your tank is all peaceful and chill, but the skirts can really be a terror.

I'd reconsider the white skirts as well. They may make it difficult for you to get food down to your apisto pair. A smaller, more peaceful tetra like cardinals, rummynose, ember, neon, etc would be better suited to the tank IMO.

what about
6-of some kind of dwarf rainbowfish or small killifish or endler's
6-white skirt tetras
6-juli corys
1-rio-negro pleco
2-apistos

The only killifish I keep is the Gardneri, which I've come to decide is not a community fish, so I'd stay away from them.

Gertrudes blue eye are darling little rainbows that should fit nicely..as long as they didn't run into probs with the white skirts.

FWIW I kept glowlights with my GBR and they did well together, for the short time they shared a tank anyway.

hey i have a new thread for stocking bc this thread is so long.. i have posted some fish i like so check it out.

Back
Top Bottom