29 gallon thread/journal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
I added a female betta with my GBR and they did not like eachother at all :(

I have never had a dwarf gourami be the least bit territorial..not one little bit. Just my experiences with them though.

The betta has to flowy of fins making it prone to getting fin nipped but the dwarf cichlid, a kribs would have demolished that thing, especially a male IMO.
The sane thing would happen with an angel fish most likely especially in a smaller tank

allaboutfish said:
i've ruled out the angel and the betta already now im thinking about a dwarf gourami

Mine are fine no fin nipping anywhere they will swim right by each other when the gourami wants to hide under something. No aggression comes from my ram other then to the female but they were sleeping beside each other at my night check up( seeing it's 11:30pm) so maybe that's a good sign

so homedog what do you think about this one
6-male guppies,
6-white skirt tetras,
1-albino bristlenose pleco,
6-juli corys,
1-apisto viejita,
2-german blue ram ( they pair there whole lives and i think it'd be cool to see there relationship) they wouldnt get aggressive would they?

Make sure your plants are to the side if the tank, your white skirts will like the open space to swim. They are speedy things. Your rams will get a bit nippy during spawning. You can try and add more rocks to try and create more hiding spots. your pleco will chill in your rock structures as long as he can fit also.

I wish I had a digital camera to post picture of my tank and my dads, but I can't get my sisters and I don't wanna by one. Also my dads has blueishgrean algea right now from poor pwc's and I got brown algea startting up and I don't know if it's from to little of light, to much, or excess of silicates( what ever it is). So they aren't the best right now but it's all under control so they look good

allaboutfish said:
so homedog what do you think about this one
6-male guppies,
6-white skirt tetras,
1-albino bristlenose pleco,
6-juli corys,
1-apisto viejita,
2-german blue ram ( they pair there whole lives and i think it'd be cool to see there relationship) they wouldnt get aggressive would they?

Yes, I think that would be fine! That's my exact stocking just with different fish!

I'm going to just let whatever happens happen. They get eaten, free food. If they survive... I guess the sister gets a tank! If I'm really low on $, and need something though, I'll sell the fry for 3 bucks a pop. (to RESPONSIBLE owners of course) I have a 10 gallon QT that I'm setting up, so I'll catch who I can catch, and grow them out in there.

I'm just gonna get my tank to ideal breeding conditions, and let them go nuts. Lol. Whatever happens happens, and whoever is the strongest, smartest, and best adapted, deserves the right to live In my aquarium(s).

ok so a safer choice i might do a pair of apistos plus the apisto viejita. i'll do this if severum mama still has the pairs of apistos

yea im gonna see if i can change my order (from severum mama) to a pair of apistos and then keep the rest

Back
Top Bottom