36g bowfront planted ram build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly I've never counted plus it depends on the size of the swords. My swords are big so I bet I put about 3 phosphate, 3 iron, and a couple regular root tabs around each sword. I also be sure to keep current on them so I write the date down I use them so I know when they are due otherwise I'd never remember!

Bout how often are you adding new pellets?

Personally I'd do the 50% WC. I have the same problem with my really tall background plants even doing 50% WC's. They all lay over and it takes a few hours for them to get totally upright after that, plus I straighten them up once the water is refilled.

Personally I'd do the 50% WC. I have the same problem with my really tall background plants even doing 50% WC's. They all lay over and it takes a few hours for them to get totally upright after than, plus I straighten them up once the water is refilled.

Ok,I'll take your advice on this as well..as well thx for being helpful...

So about 11 1/2 hrs later:
ph-8.0
ammo-0ppm
nitrite-.25
So things are moving along quickly&by Friday I should be able to add my stock..

Day 14 fishless cycling:
ph-8.0
ammo-0ppm
nitrite-0ppm
So I'll dose 2ppm of ammo for the last time&recheck in the morning..

Day 15 fishless cycling:
Cycle has completed...just finished back to back 50% wc's&will it 30mins with filter running before checking nitrates...

So nitrates still hgh(80ppm),beginning anotherseries of wc's...must have had an extrmely high amount of nitrates..

I did too. I would only take them down to like 15 or 20ppm. your plants will suck up the rest. That's what happened to me. Have you started the pps-pro?

Yeah,been at it for alittle less than 2 weeks doing half doses reccomended to me by Rivercats..

I did too. I would only take them down to like 15 or 20ppm. your plants will suck up the rest. That's what happened to me. Have you started the pps-pro?

How many wc's did you end up doing before you were able to get your nitrates down?

Did you mix your macro ferts in two seperate bottles? Nitrates in one and Phosphates/Potassium in another? If so did you stop dosing nitrates? You know I watch my levels and dose accordingly, some days I don't dose anything when I feel my levels are where they need to be. Also if you can get your hands on a little piece of water sprite, toss it in and let it float and it will start sucking up some of the trates. Then just pull it out once you get them down where you want.

Did you mix your macro ferts in two seperate bottles? Nitrates in one and Phosphates/Potassium in another? If so did you stop dosing nitrates? You know I watch my levels and dose accordingly, some days I don't dose anything when I feel my levels are where they need to be. Also if you can get your hands on a little piece of water sprite, toss it in and let it float and it will start sucking up some of the trates. Then just pull it out once you get them down where you want.

Yeah I mixed the macro's in one bottle...I added some wisteria from another tank last nite...also just finished another wc..

Next time you mix your macros try splitting them into two bottles. It makes adjusting your dosing so much easier. I mixed mine together the first time and found that just wasn't going to work in my tank and been splitting them up ever since.

Looks like I've got em down between 20-40ppm...should I go ahead with 1 more single 50% wc?

I'd do one more since those cards are next to impossible to read the 20-40 color difference.

So got the nitrates down between 5-10ppm earlier today..moved my rams,3 pristellas,3 otto's&some nerites this evening..they're all hiding/adjusting to their new underwater world..post some pics when everyone is settled..

So got the nitrates down between 5-10ppm earlier today..moved my rams,3 pristellas,3 otto's&some nerites this evening..they're all hiding/adjusting to their new underwater world..post some pics when everyone is settled..

Can't wait for pictures!

Back
Top Bottom