55g Stocking and Journal.. suggestions please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So in my cycled but still new 55 gallon I currently have..
1x Four Line Pictus Catfish (~8")
2x Sun (Eclipse) Catfish (~2" each)
1x Rubber lipped/nose Pleco (~2")
1x Mystery Snail (~1")

I think that will do it for my bottom feeders, since the suns and my pictus still have a good bit of growing to do..
Despite the fact that I have four fish in my tank it looks very barren and empty. My pictus patrols around, but the other fish hide most of the time because they are so small.

I really would like suggestions with some mid to top range swimmers to complete my stocking of my tank. I'm open to anything, as long as they aren't too small. My catfish don't seem too eager to eat smaller fish, but that doesn't mean they won't. I think anything that grows 3"+ would work fine with my tank.

If you want to look at my first journal/help thread you can check it out here- http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/help-me-stock-a-55-a-142475.html
It also has some pictures of my tank during the set-up process and a few of my fish.

Also my tank has the corners planted with bunch plants and has plenty of hiding spaces.
I'll be adding a large piece of cypress wood that I've been soaking/boiling for weeks to the tank tonight as well.
It has a very natural look and would be a great home for most fish, as long as they get 3"+

Back
Top Bottom