Angels breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skylane

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Two of my Angels that laid eggs on my inlet tube for the filter, to my surprise. I currently have 6 of them , but these two are now proven pair. For now all I can do is just see what happens for theses guys, I'm not sure if I want to breed them or sell them . I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my Angels , thinking more of reducing my stock to make room for Discus, I have two already and I like them with my community tank. Here is some picks of the Angels...[emoji33] uploadfromtaptalk1444599334712.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444599422226.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444599500422.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444599682166.jpg

Just an FYI: They could be 2 females so I'd be careful using the term "Proven pair" just yet. That's usually reserved for male/ female pairs that produce live fry. ;) You just need 1 egg to hatch and then you can say, without a doubt, that you have a Proven, Mated pair of Angels. (y)

How exciting!
They love the new bigger tank!!:flowers:
Andy speaks the truth.
I like the idea of sending the pair(if they are) and lowering stock for others.
If they are a pair then they will cause trouble in the future IMO and removing them opens up opportunity for the other angels.
With 4 left you could still have pairs to come??
If you wanted to breed them you know to check Andys thread.

Enjoy the moment!;)
It is always so cool when your fish spawn for you un expectantly!(y)

How exciting!
They love the new bigger tank!!:flowers:
Andy speaks the truth.
I like the idea of sending the pair(if they are) and lowering stock for others.
If they are a pair then they will cause trouble in the future IMO and removing them opens up opportunity for the other angels.
With 4 left you could still have pairs to come??
If you wanted to breed them you know to check Andys thread.

Enjoy the moment!;)
It is always so cool when your fish spawn for you un expectantly!(y)
Actually,my hatchery thread is more about the hatchery setup. The real breeding info is found in the old "Wigglers at last!!!!!" thread in the breeding forum. To the OP, if you need info on breeding the Angels for real, check out that thread. Pretty much everything you need to know about breeding and raising the fry is on that thread. (y)

Thanks , Andy and Coral Bandit .Well guys I did do some research when this was all happening and found out a few things, but I will check out what Andy was saying about some breeding threads that I can look up.
It's kind of a funny thing before this all happened , I was thinking to sell off the Angels to make room for some Discus in the near future, but these guys I raised from the small tank, which I still have, and now home to a betta. It's kinda hard to give up on some old friends now, but we will see if any of the fry hatch, it would be cool since the parents were always together in the smaller tank. This breeding thing has got me thinking , as I noticed another possible pair maybe in the works [emoji33] .
Well this has change parameters in my community tank, as the fish evolve and forever changing . I love it man !!! :thumbs for sure dudes[emoji39]

Keep you guys posted,

Clem.

Actually,my hatchery thread is more about the hatchery setup. The real breeding info is found in the old "Wigglers at last!!!!!" thread in the breeding forum. To the OP, if you need info on breeding the Angels for real, check out that thread. Pretty much everything you need to know about breeding and raising the fry is on that thread. (y)
Andy, I could only begin to read about a 100 or so posts for now...WOW man !!! That's a lot of info my man .[emoji39]
There is one thing as fishkeeping goes, and I've noticed with with all skill levels, is the fish keeper that observes, is patient, shares knowledge, and has good values in their hobby seem to be successful. Its amazing to see how a common interests brings people and ideas together. Being old school myself and seeing how fast we can now share this info still blows me away, I still love books but rather carry my phone now a days , its a lot easier [emoji6] .
I've got some nice Angels now , lets see how this all turns out , I may end up keeping them after all ? I enjoy your reads Andy, thanks for sharing !!! [emoji622]

Clem.

Hey guys, my wife text me at work and she said the eggs are gone? She starts work later than me , I was up around 4:30am and I fed the fish around 5am and the parents were still there, maybe they ate them?[emoji33]. I guess I will have to see what's going on after work today.

Clem

Just an update for you all. Today at work, my wife managed to see some fry floating about , I told her it was just air bubbles. Well she said all could see was these tiny eyes [emoji40] and white looking, maybe wigglers??? They must have gotten eaten as they floated around [emoji22] but for now it looks like the parents are back to business, protecting the same corner in the tank, mabey another round of eggs ???
This has been a very cool experience for myself and my wife!
I'm just going to observe for now , as I'm thinking of a breeder tank, and give it a go !

Clem.

Nice.... keep tryin, you'll get er figured out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice.... keep tryin, you'll get er figured out.

Thanks , man [emoji1]
Just wondering if can split up a 40gal , for 2 breeders . I think my other 2 out of the 4 Angels are pairing up , this is for space reasons that's why ?

Clem.

You can try. I have not ever done that myself, but could be worth a go. Worst case scenario.... you just remove divider and its back as it was.

I'm not sure what size to use, but I was thinking two , 20 gal ? I'm thinking of down the road , looks like that I could ending up having to pairs [emoji40]

20gl a pair would be minimum. You'd have much happier pairs in 29gls. Happier pairs equate to better spawns. But 20gl would be just fine.

20gl a pair would be minimum. You'd have much happier pairs in 29gls. Happier pairs equate to better spawns. But 20gl would be just fine.

I'll check out the local forum in my area for some used tanks , by the way your pleco looks awesome. I recently picked up 2 gold plecos, their small guys. The guy at my lfs said they have blue eyes, but yet too see that. Here is some pics of him, can't find the other guy, he's shy. Not sure what type he is but I was told he would only grow 4-5 in.

uploadfromtaptalk1444792748452.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444792843852.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444792985698.jpg

Awsome dude. Any luck finding tanks? How's the baby angels?

If you are anywhere near central Florida, I have plenty of tanks that you can use for this.....cheap!!! . (y) You just need to pick them up. ;)

He's a bluejay lovin canuck.... danged him.

This rivalry during the ALCS is gonna be a blast. Lol.

Awsome dude. Any luck finding tanks? How's the baby angels?

Dude, the wigglers did hatch [emoji40]
But they were eaten , I start work at 6am , but my wife managed to see the eggs disappear. Some of them must if hatched from the time I left for work, and she did see wigglers. They were shinning, and she said they had eyes. I'm not too sure if she did see them wigglers, but I'm not going to call her a liar, to the wife. Yea man, I'm kinda belivin her because after work I notice the parents were still hanging out in the nesting spot , and I noticed different type of particles in the water , mabey some dead baby wigglers babies [emoji22]
About the tanks, bin busy with work and my son, just never enough time for my game... THE FISH !!!
I think I'm going to try some breeding, you guys get me pumped up when I see all of your works and future plans with your Aquariums , scapes and baby fishes. My friend at work said the babies are alive in the filter????[emoji33] is that possible???
Well , my friend , a long time fish keeper also said that he found babies in his filter???
Back to the tanks, I'll started my search , but I want to see what develops with these two black Angels, the parents. Can't wait to separate them and get back some tank space in the 90, its a joy to watch my fish grow out and mature, as well as the plants.[emoji1]

Oh by the way good luck to your team KC !!!
I gonna post some more pics of my tanks , remember that first small tank I started with , its now home to a betta , with low light plants.

Thanks for the compliment,

Clem.

Back
Top Bottom