Angels breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are anywhere near central Florida, I have plenty of tanks that you can use for this.....cheap!!! . (y) You just need to pick them up. ;)
I would if I could, Andy man!!
But you never know, I just might come in the new year... More vacation time my friend from work.[emoji6]

Yes babies can end up in the filter. Youll find taking measures to prevent that will help tremendously my friend. Most people pull the eggs out for artificial raising with a sponge filter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a lot of Canadian snowbirds here in Lake Wales for the winter so if someone is coming close, they can bring them back them them. ;):whistle: :D
Your , full of motivation, drive and character, my man !!![emoji39] if that could happen , I'm on board :) (y)

Yes babies can end up in the filter. Youll find taking measures to prevent that will help tremendously my friend. Most people pull the eggs out for artificial raising with a sponge filter.

Yes friend , as you are aware , I was not prepared or set up for this act of nature. But I'm getting ready soon for this , just gotta plan it out and go for it.[emoji6]

Clem.

That makes two of us that weren't prepared lol. Don't mean to hijack or anything but I recently saw a 25 gallon fiullset on Craigslist for $30 which is a good deal. Just want to move my Angels to a better breeding environment. Any idea on water change amount and stuff like that?
Gl with the Angels Skylane! It will be awesome to see pics of the fry if they are a proven pair and you get the fry to free swimming stage!

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

That makes two of us that weren't prepared lol. Don't mean to hijack or anything but I recently saw a 25 gallon fiullset on Craigslist for $30 which is a good deal. Just want to move my Angels to a better breeding environment. Any idea on water change amount and stuff like that?
Gl with the Angels Skylane! It will be awesome to see pics of the fry if they are a proven pair and you get the fry to free swimming stage!

Yes dude, its like a science project for me to accomplish this, but as for the water I'm still not sure , as I try new things. I just keep it simple and try to observe and learn from you guys and what I can read up on. As for water changes I prepare my water and let it age a bit, and of course prime it!!! I change my water 30%, every 3-4 days , but I do all the tanks , my 90, 8, 10 gal.
My Discus grew up with these Angels, and touch wood, they have never been sick so far. I just do weekly water checks , 6.8-7.2 pH,nitrites 0, but my nitrates bounce up or down 20 - 30 ppm but that's on my 90gal.

For now just see what's happens!!!

Clem.

What filtration are you running?

Eheim 600 classic, Aqua Clear 30 HOB, with a Ehiem skimmer attachment. Oh, by the way I noticed that the return on the spray bar slowed down ??? I hope there is no babies in there Clem.[emoji33] in the filter Can.

Seeya at the game tonight, friend !!![emoji6]

Clem.

FG- Because its my team, right?

Sky, have you checked in your filters yet. If theyre newer fry they shouldn't have enough size or mass to clog a filter. At least i wouldnt think so.

I love the royals because I've grown up a fan. We true royals fans are so passionate because we loved them even when we were the leagues punching bag for abt 30 yrs.

I don't hate the jays, skylane! But the other team is always the enemy. And right now its dem Blue Jays. Lol.... sports rivalries are just that. Fun, good ol ribbing, joking time.

I don't hate the jays, skylane! But the other team is always the enemy. And right now its dem Blue Jays. Lol.... sports rivalries are just that. Fun, good ol ribbing, joking time.

Yea man , its all about the love ...[emoji6]

I'm a Tigers fan...even through the rough times lol I HATE the royals

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Skylane this is the first time the Angels spawned right? I wonder about the intervals of time between each spawn. I think my Angels are two weeks.

On a different note: any other Red Sox fans out there? Or am I all alone :(?

Considering that I am originally from NJ and haven't really followed baseball since the Florida Marlins won the world series, all I can say is" LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!!" :ROFLMAO:

Skylane this is the first time the Angels spawned right? I wonder about the intervals of time between each spawn. I think my Angels are two weeks.

On a different note: any other Red Sox fans out there? Or am I all alone :(?

I'm not sure when's the next spawn , but it looks like they're setting up shop again , man I got pregnant platties too !!! Lots going on in my community tank, its turned into a hatchery... Everyone's in mating mode, it seems.
Yes it's the first spawn, but I have a feeling it could happen , so I gotta plan some space for this and my wife. Going to get some tanks when something comes up for sale, just to get them going. I'm going bare bottom, with some plants on wood and try to mimic their surroundings. They live a planted tank , with other fish, so when I move them they could hold up on their breeding , or stall, but I'm confident when now to try this but , like what Andy was saying to move the eggs and artificially raise the fry, which is the way to go to control your stains. Who knows it could work out for me and maybe, sell those good fish, better strains back into the system , get rid of the crap .[emoji622]

Clem.

I'm not sure when's the next spawn , but it looks like they're setting up shop again , man I got pregnant platties too !!! Lots going on in my community tank, its turned into a hatchery... Everyone's in mating mode, it seems.
Yes it's the first spawn, but I have a feeling it could happen , so I gotta plan some space for this and my wife. Going to get some tanks when something comes up for sale, just to get them going. I'm going bare bottom, with some plants on wood and try to mimic their surroundings. They live a planted tank , with other fish, so when I move them they could hold up on their breeding , or stall, but I'm confident when now to try this but , like what Andy was saying to move the eggs and artificially raise the fry, which is the way to go to control your stains. Who knows it could work out for me and maybe, sell those good fish, better strains back into the system , get rid of the crap .[emoji622]

Clem.
Oh , just forgot to mention... You are alone, no Red Sox fans here [emoji50]

Back
Top Bottom