Beginning to cycle..questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what they should be at this ffar into the cycle. We can waste time and water to get the nitrites down but after 1 day of 4ppm ammo they'll be back up to 5+ again that's why you wait until ammo is dropping correctly than focus on the nitrites don't worry you're moving right along I promise.

That's what they should be at this ffar into the cycle. We can waste time and water to get the nitrites down but after 1 day of 4ppm ammo they'll be back up to 5+ again that's why you wait until ammo is dropping correctly than focus on the nitrites don't worry you're moving right along I promise.

so dose again now or wait til morning? i know it will be 0 by then...

Tomorrow every 24 hours never dose more than 1 time a day

well crap, i didnt see this til after.

I dosed again to around 4ppm.

saw your post this morning so i tested to make sure i didnt mess anything up lol..

ammo was down to .25, so I just left it and ill wait to tonight to do anything.

so 4ppm --> .25ppm in less than 12hrs.

i will update tonight...

i think based on a few guides i will now only dose a small amount of ammo everyday, and just wait for nitrites to begin dropping, or for nitrates to spike then do a pwc? cuz i am already seeing nitrates. then see if i can get 0 -> 0 -> nitrates... :fish2:

I was just giving my opinion. 4ppm ammo to 0 ammo and nitritres in a 24 hour span is your goal. You havent even gotten the ammo to get to 0 yet. Again Worry about the ammo first then worry about the nitrites. Patience is the key. That's why I haven't said a word about what to do once the ammo does drop to 0 2 days in a row and start dealing with the nitrites

If they are at 0 thats good 2 days in a row is better than you know test not a fluke. Sounds like thursday you can focus on the nitrites.

See my post for using Rid x septic tank bacteria recently posted if you want to do a rapid cycle for a heavily fish loaded tank.

ammo at 0 after dosing to 4ppm last night.

nitrites very high, i believe to be off the chart or just past 5ppm.

pH a lil lower seeming....7.6-7.8

I say 4ppm on the ammo again hopefully you get 0 again tomorrow night than its nitrite time

Go to on this site http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/cycling-with-septic-tank-products-67666-2.html, there you will find all you need to know on how to do rapid cycle (24 hour ready for fish usually) a tank in a fishless manner. The thread is about using septic tank bacterial treatments as a cycling agent and my explanation as to why to not do so will also tell you everything you need to know and do. I made several responses so read down the thread.

I say 4ppm on the ammo again hopefully you get 0 again tomorrow night than its nitrite time

Sounds good! :popcorn:

Oh, and FYI, I bought the Current LED + light to replace my current t8 15w, im excited. I get it Monday. Hopefully my plants do well, i am sticking to low light.

Have a bunch of anubias in it right now, i really like them.

I like the low light plants to there natural, fish like that more I guess and not much care is needed for them I can just focus on the fish, I have 3 broadleaf anubias, 6 java ferns, some good patches of Java Moss, and a bunch of hornwort my 55 has a messy pond look that was kinda my goal my only problem is the hornwort I love it but man it's messy my 2 canister filters were packed with junk from it may have to get rid of it get something else

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom