Bio cube to 57 gal rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly, if your research shows success with a kole tang in a 60 gal cube, go for it. If not steer clear. A few observations that I've made: You need a lot of rocks for him to pick at all day and hide when scared. He uses the majority of the tank and was tricky at first to get to eat. He was very skiddish but now doesn't seem to mind me. He likes to hang out with my maroon clown (who was my biggest concern).

Honestly, if your research shows success with a kole tang in a 60 gal cube, go for it. If not steer clear. A few observations that I've made: You need a lot of rocks for him to pick at all day and hide when scared. He uses the majority of the tank and was tricky at first to get to eat. He was very skiddish but now doesn't seem to mind me. He likes to hang out with my maroon clown (who was my biggest concern).

Glad hes worked out! I guess i will be trying one, def gonna QT mine though, my 1" starry blenny i just got 2 days ago in the 20 infested it with gill flukes. Now hes in my 10g QT and about to be dipped.

Really sorry to hear that.

Thanks, it seems i never get lucky when it comes to new fish. My flame angel had ich the next day after he was in my 37g, my big blenny in the 37 also had flukes when i got him, my purple firefish had a massive fin rot, and my clowns had black spots on them a week after they were in my tank. Everyone was treated, fallowed the tank and now all is well, except of course the 20g.

What are you gonna do about the -0° f tonight? Im turning on the heat, packing on the covers, (to my bed and the tanks) and have already raised the temp in all the 3 tanks to 82° incase of any drop. (prob to the 20 and QT as they are both next to windows, and i guess the 37 too since its in the coldest room of the house lol)

I have a heater for the tank and a couple heaters for my house :) should be ok. I have only had 1 cleaner goby with ich that I QT'd for 3-4 weeks. He didn't make it. Never really got him to eat.

I have a heater for the tank and a couple heaters for my house :) should be ok. I have only had 1 cleaner goby with ich that I QT'd for 3-4 weeks. He didn't make it. Never really got him to eat.

Hope it doesnt turn out the same for my blenny, ive added garlic guard to all my foods and have fed them to him, no luck. (frozen brine, mysis, and emerald entree. Also nori and NLS pellets.)

Do you have any rock in the QT? He is probably stressed. Try to soak some nori in garlic and attach it to a rock with a rubberband. Sometimes the clips can be a little too foreign for a fish.

Do you have any rock in the QT? He is probably stressed. Try to soak some nori in garlic and attach it to a rock with a rubberband. Sometimes the clips can be a little too foreign for a fish.

Already tried that. No luck. All that is in there is 2 pieces of PVC and his shell home.

No updates this week. Everything seems well and even the black cap basslet is out a lot. Here's a pic of my long nose hawkfish on his favorite perchImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390273305.813295.jpg

Lol, not to be mean, but that face of the goby kinda freaks me out... Did somthing happen to him?

Haha...he's always had a weird jaw/chin. I've had him for 5 yrs and it's always been there. Makes him look grumpy.

that would be blastomussa

Thanks Carey...I researched it and think it's the pink and green Blastos. I am trying to nurse it back to health. Seems to be doing well in that spot, so now I will have to wait and watch. It almost reminds me of a trumpet coral, but fuzzy.

Black Cap is out a lot these days...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393811124.351253.jpg. I setup my ATO this weekend. I am going through almost 1 gal/day evaporation which is making me want a RO/DI system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom