Bio cube to 57 gal rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If all goes well I will be adding the 160W 16K Maxspect Razor to the tank this week. This should be a huge upgrade and will allow me to start the transition to some SPS coral and clams. I am likely going to move the macro algae to a fuge when I have time to put one together so I can free up room for more coral

You might have to do some re-arranging for a clam. Besides the size they can get, there shouldn't be anything in a 360 area around one. They can move until they are happy, but larger ones usually just rotate around until things are 'just right'. Don't want to have anything in the way of the clam opening up.

Thanks for the info. I haven't given it a ton of thought yet but they are so awesome it is on my must have list once I upgrade the lighting and a couple other things. Your clam recovering well?

Still not really known. If I could catch the coral beauty I'm sure it'd be fine. I've removed the cage, but the clam is closed all the time when it is off...so the issue is it being picked on.

I now have the tank light up to 50/50 during the peak hours and things are going well. I bought a green birdsnest and am now running phosguard to cut down on algae growth. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404778716.962927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just found this thread...what is the plant in the upper right corner?

Feather caulerpa algae

Where can you buy it? It looks amazing, like a mini kelp forest.

My LFS has some. Some people use it in there fuge, some feed it to their fish, and I like how it looks so I keep some in the display tank. I am sure somebody sells it online. I pull a handful out every month or so, I will send some to you if you pay shipping.

I'll check my lfs first. Thanks for the offer though.

Updated FTS
Macro algae is dying off due to running phosguard I believe. Green birdsnest doing wellImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405799472.765079.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405799507.921582.jpg

Torch coral or frog spawn? I've had it for years but would like to place it close to my hammer coral.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413156516.432624.jpg

Looks like a hammer to me, but all of the euphies should get along. Key word there is should of course, corals can have different aggression levels just like fish can.

Ok. Here is the hammer I have.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413166967.998767.jpg

Back
Top Bottom