Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a mug like that! Its the size of a paint bucket though:( after the great clean of 2014 the algae has seemed to subside, atleast the front glass isn't dark green in 24 hours. I'm going for another big wc and tweaking photo/co2 period. Hi my name is Alex brooks and I have an algae problem!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've yet to use hydrogen peroxide, it seems as though I'll have too at some point if I want to sort this mess out properly? ?

I've yet to use hydrogen peroxide, it seems as though I'll have too at some point if I want to sort this mess out properly? ?

Yea its not a fix but worth using to help clean up stubborn algae

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't only have a BML on my tank and lobelia cardinalis isn't a heavy light carpet. Two 23w spiral CFL's is also a ton of light. Again, I had four total and removed two! Too much light! I still have a jungle and growth hasn't appeared to have slowed at all. One of my plants pinks up on top when I have the BML at 100%, but the algae growth is ridic. My problem is most definitely related to overfeeding. I need to remove my danios, but need to figure out who will take them first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The prettiest of tanks always have very few fish, or only one type of fish. I have a ton of fish...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have very few fish but that's is because I am on a fish purchase hiatus. Let's call it "Ich-o-phobia". I would not call my tank pretty. "Pretty frustrating" at times. Yet, despite the low fish population, nitrate is not lacking. I think the buildup of waste in the EcoComplete is contributing to the nitrate level.

I have very few fish but that's is because I am on a fish purchase hiatus. Let's call it "Ich-o-phobia". I would not call my tank pretty. "Pretty frustrating" at times. Yet, despite the low fish population, nitrate is not lacking. I think the buildup of waste in the EcoComplete is contributing to the nitrate level.

My nitrates are high as well. I have to perform big weekly water changes. I too have a bunch of fish.

My nitrates are high as well. I have to perform big weekly water changes. I too have a bunch of fish.

I think I'm probably stocked about 100%, may be less soon though, after this last move my male apisto never really came back.. he's been sulking in the vesuvias garden under the co2 dif. Thought he just liked it in there, took a closer look this morning and he looks pretty bad, sunken in, fins down, not clamped but down, he went way crazy when he got netted. I hand scooped him back in finally but I'm wondering if all the violent thrashing did some damage? he was the first fish I bought close to a year ago, sitting in a 5 gal, un cycled hex for a month, moved into an un cycled 29 after. all that abuse must have surely hurt him?? Any ideas? Should I just let him go peacefully? Nothing to qt over?

I wouldn't qt unless it's something like dropsy, but if he's on his last leg/fin I would let him live peacefully in the tank. Im a sucker for sick and injured creatures.

The qt tank,IMO, would depress him further and sure would stress him out.

Every time I've moved sick fish to the qt tank, it would be their last move.

I wouldn't qt unless it's something like dropsy, but if he's on his last leg/fin I would let him live peacefully in the tank. Im a sucker for sick and injured creatures.

The qt tank,IMO, would depress him further and sure would stress him out.

Every time I've moved sick fish to the qt tank, it would be their last move.

That's what I'm thinking too, netting him could actually kill him at this point, he's got to be close to 2 years old.. that's a decent run I'd say..

Rip Mr pisto

Attachments

• 1408825672966.jpg
    1408825672966.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 89
Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build

Rip Mr pisto

Gah... Sorry man. I had a Bolivian die on me out of nowhere last year, I guess they just have bad genes sometimes.

Edit: read the above posts. yeah I've heard about permanent gill damage occurring after high levels of ammonia, that could shorten a life span.

Yea.. 4 tank changes In 2 months is too much for a guy like him. My gf almost cried when he did the Ice Bucket challenge. I knew she liked the fish. I'm going to miss that Lil guy..

Ok i normally would never laugh about death but the ice bucket challenge part was pretty funny... :lol:

It seemed appropriate. I really am bummed though. His gf is all depressed already.. man... fish...

Check your PM Brookster...

Edit: or clear it maybe.

Got it, yea sk3lly, kind of a tough one to let go, he was looking bad this morning, got home from work and he was sideways in a awkward U shape... knew what had to be done.

Got it, yea sk3lly, kind of a tough one to let go, he was looking bad this morning, got home from work and he was sideways in a awkward U shape... knew what had to be done.

Best thing to do a lot of the time. At least you picked a good method

Back
Top Bottom