Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One light only in the am session with CO2 should be fine. The CO2 level is pretty low at that time and IMO the lighting should match that. It is most likely highest later in the day when it has had a chance to build up. This would be when both lights are on.
I've not kept Otos in a while but you should be able to supplement their diet with veggies such as zucchini, squash, and lettuce. It's a good sign to see them eating like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Makes absolute sense to me! Talk about problem solving!! I haven't learned this hard since 7th grade algebra class..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would run the co2 on through the photoperiod. Actually I do lol. It seems to work better because it builds up before the second period.

I would run the co2 on through the photoperiod. Actually I do lol. It seems to work better because it builds up before the second period.

I was thinking about it...If I do it won't be for a few weeks though. Gradually destroying the fishies water is key;)

Don get down it takes months it's a slow slow proses and you learn something knew every day

Don get down it takes months it's a slow slow proses and you learn something knew every day

Tell about it. I'm staying positive though, I've got algae free cats to enjoy in the meantime:)

My pogo certainly isn't slow growing. The BML did wonders, then the diy co2, then doubling, then tripling my glut (36mL split dose, 18mL/12 hours), but then the last month I started PPS pro and added home made Mebbid root tabs, and BOOOOM. I'm getting more than an inch in growth per week. I even removed my extra CFL cannons, running the BML only. I really need to start my own log... And donate to AA so I can post more pics. I'll do that later tonight and stop buggering up yalls posts. :D

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My pogo certainly isn't slow growing. The BML did wonders, then the diy co2, then doubling, then tripling my glut (36mL split dose, 18mL/12 hours), but then the last month I started PPS pro and added home made Mebbid root tabs, and BOOOOM. I'm getting more than an inch in growth per week. I even removed my extra CFL cannons, running the BML only. I really need to start my own log... And donate to AA so I can post more pics. I'll do that later tonight and stop buggering up yalls posts. :D

Do it, do it, do it!

Yah, chill shoe, i remember your early posts talking all this crazy talk:) let's see the goods!!!

Schoe, what % are you running the BML at? I pretty much stopped adding glut (got lazy...just need to mix a new bottle of it 50:50 with DI water). I've noticed increased growth recently (not 1"/week) probably bc I stepped up the lighting but I am also seeing some GSA on the star repens. I'm obsessed in getting that plant to grow.

I'm getting pogo growth at same rate as Schoe under my bml too. Must be the lights right Schoe? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hey.... there's a bml fanboy thread on tpt :p at least my current dims right out of the box , not that I'd ever dim it.. the bright light makes the algae look better hahah awwwww

I think its a combo of decent lighting plus carbon and ferts (in that order). I'm going to start adding glut to the tank today. Starting to see some GSA so I need to get a separate timer for the second light. Since the Finnex fixtures don't have dimmers I will have to adjust the photoperiod duration.

I think its a combo of decent lighting plus carbon and ferts (in that order). I'm going to start adding glut to the tank today. Starting to see some GSA so I need to get a separate timer for the second light. Since the Finnex fixtures don't have dimmers I will have to adjust the photoperiod duration.

Now im no lighting expert Fresh but id be tempted to run both those fixtures full power but only 3 hours on, 3 off, 3 on at first. Crank the co2 up so its nearing yellow but not yellow if you get me lol

Now im no lighting expert Fresh but id be tempted to run both those fixtures full power but only 3 hours on, 3 off, 3 on at first. Crank the co2 up so its nearing yellow but not yellow if you get me lol

Actually I should be able to do that with my existing timers: use one for the lights and one for the timer. And split the photoperiod with CO2 cranking on it usually schedule. Hopefully that will curtail the GSA, BBA, and stag horn.

That's exactly what I'm doing fresh.. now just a waiting game.. the aquatek solenoid came in, much beefier than the paintball mini. I found a paintball shop and picked up 2 filled 20 oz. Tanks, great deal if anyone is looking, buy used! The mini was pretty consistent, switched it to run the 20t and use the new one on this tank.. new toys are the best!! I'm going to do a nice round of tank maintenence after work and I'll post some pics. Hopefully worthy of a journal thread, not an algae thread..

I've been running my BML at 50%. I reduced it below that for the last week. When you rotate the dimmer, the point right above the dimmest setting, right where it makes a big jump in brightness. The dimmer scale doesn't have the cleanest scaling, if you follow me. Like 33%, maybe? My l. glandulosa stems grew an inch in the lower light. Very interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's the now!

Attachments

• 1409530534829.jpg
    1409530534829.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 1409530547887.jpg
    1409530547887.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 1409530559945.jpg
    1409530559945.jpg