Can you mix cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me? I'm not moving anything. I wouldn't personally invest my time and money into something with such a high fail rate. Think most serious keepers would agree. You can do whatever you'd like in your home, I really don't care. I will speak up when I see you posting 2 months like it's something worth celebrating. I'm more of a purest I guess??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm glad things are working but as others have said . . . a couple months isn't even out of the woods yet. So you might want to tone that smugness down a notch or two. All psycho glassbangers start out from humble beginnings

Yah. I look at it like fish seem to be on accelerated time spans, obviously. So let's say a dog is 7:1 (dog:human years). I'll give cichlids 12:1. When they hit that 1 year mark consider them either chill teenagers or the worst kind of teenagers. Like high school!! Your tank will eventually be like high school, everyone remembers high-school;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm sure plenty of people have thrown any number of fish into too small a tank with no regard for their needs or dispositions and decried the results. Not just with cichlids, either. No arguments there. I'm just saying it can be done and done well. I'm proving it here:

Flipper and Friends

Eventually you will be proven wrong. ;)

...or proven right. ;) ;)

However, I will add, that if the "experiment" does work, it's definitely a sign of how the years of tank raising these fish have definitely changed their natural behavior. I'd like to see a side by side comparison between the same fish domesticated and the wild versions. (y)

Back
Top Bottom