Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i could only wish my b/f were that way. lol he's a mason so if it's concrete he can build it but when it comes to carpentry, well, it just doesn't. LOL

I found out where this carpenter is but I think it might be a two hour drive, which would kinda suck and negate the benefit of having him make it. :-(

Tell your b/f I respect what he does. After watching masons for 30+ years I decided I could build my own retaining walls faced in brick for the patio at my old house. I got it done and it didn't look toooo bad considering an electrician did it but...... LOL That is hard work!!!!

My poor honey works soo soo hard for his money. he comes home covered in concrete dust and goo every day. Kinda why I like to not have to bother him for fish stuff. he comes home, eats and chills for a bit and then goes to bed. lol I felt terrible asking him to help me last night take the 125g light fixture down, he looked so sleepy and comfortable. hehe

Also why i don't wanna try to put together a stand myself, I know I'd need him and I hate asking.

My poor honey works soo soo hard for his money. he comes home covered in concrete dust and goo every day. Kinda why I like to not have to bother him for fish stuff. he comes home, eats and chills for a bit and then goes to bed. lol I felt terrible asking him to help me last night take the 125g light fixture down, he looked so sleepy and comfortable. hehe

Also why i don't wanna try to put together a stand myself, I know I'd need him and I hate asking.

When I worked in the field I came home exhausted every day. I still do but it is more of a mental exhaustion which I can shake off easier. But, I really miss working in the field. Guess that is why I am in the garage from about 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM every Saturday and Sunday. Wear my butt out but I feel so good and like I accomplished something. How many times have you gone somewhere with him only to hear him say "I built that building" over and over again. There is big satisfaction seeing something you put up stand for years and years to come. (y)

Shame everyone is so spread out. I would dare say it wouldn't take much to talk someone from aa to help you out if they where in the same town.

Theres a coral swap/aquarist trade show coming up in October that I'm hoping a few AA members will be attending. It's in orlando florida though. But we do have quite a few people here from Florida so you never know. ;-)

Yep, my b/f is currently building a school so I;m sure everytime we're in the area I will hear hey, I built that wall etc...lol But he's not too bad. Love him to death as he puts up with me and all my fish tanks. he hasnt once objected to a tank, other than this one. lol And that was just his attitude, he didnt say anything but I know he wasnt pleased. I had intended on selling it for a boatload and having bill money but I just couldnt give it up.
hehe

Shame everyone is so spread out. I would dare say it wouldn't take much to talk someone from aa to help you out if they where in the same town.

I hear you. I have watched you offer automotive help to several people on this site and I can assure you that if Carey were closer and wanted to pay for the lumber I would build her whatever stand she wanted. She just might not want to wait that long since I can only work on it over the weekends. LOL :banghead:

As it stands now I'm nowhere close to getting this setup up and going. This darn 55g is my favorite tank and it kills me to sell it, it really does, but I just want it gone...I NEED the room! LOL

Helping is easy. More people should try it.

And it is fun and rewarding. Especially when it is someone you don't know well. Gives you a chance to get to know them. 90% of the people out there are pretty cool if you get to know them and let them get to know you. At least that has been my experience.

I just go by the motto of what comes around goes around. All about karma. If only everyone had that attitude there'd be alot less violence and issues in the world. Just do unto others yada yada yada.... :-D

Just found out where the carpenter is and it's 2 hours each way. Soo guess thats not an option anymore. I'd spend $40+ in just gas and tolls.

So I;m back to my original plan on the LFS one with the taller stand for 269. :-( I even tried to get a discount from him, even a little bit and was denied. I guess there isnt a huge margin on those items.
Bummer..

269! Like I said you could pay someone 30-40 to build the one I posted if you put an ad up on craigslist.

Heck id build one if carey paid for the wood and shipping...but I do live in pa

I wish I still lived up north. :-( I'm from NY so that would've been a hop skip and a jump. lol

I am guessing i'm stuck buying the silly stand. Nothing has popped on CL at all, especially a decent stand, I've seen some garbage ones that won't work but that's about it.

I guess I should get this thing painted so when the stand arrives i can put it up. sigh*** So impatient now....I think I may drop the prices on my 55g setup just to get it to move.

Another thought, my wet/dry has a skimmer in it already, made by the manufacturer of the sump, sealife systems which I'm guessing is gonna stink.

Should I save my remora pro for this tank or sell it off? I for sure have NO room in the wet dry for another skimmer, absolutely no way anything is gonna fit in the first chamber. I also wanted to add filter socks if possible but it's dobtful they would fit either.

Anyone have any thoughts on anything I typed up?

Here is a photo of the sump again, do you think by looking at it I can get filter socks in there?

img_1556615_0_12b34a9c48b58d51717c25f23d1ddd56.jpg

The remora is a hang on so yeah, it would fit on the sump. Just wouldnt be able to put the lid on. :)

So keep the skimmer you think? What about the filter sock idea, anyone see any way to use one? Or should I get the adjustable tie on ones, that might work I'm thinking.....

Yeah, the remora is a great skimmer, at least for me it has been. lol

So far I';m planning on keeping the lights and the skimmer from the 55g. I guess I;ll just drop the price on the the tank and stand and fluval filter. Gotta be someone out there who wants it. lol

Then finally i can pick up the stand and get going. Still have lots of questions though....lol

what do you think huma, can I filter sock this setup or not? or should I even bother....

Back
Top Bottom