Carriwin's Tank Adventures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 2 are also from Petsmart! I have a slight feeling 1 is M and the other F. They are always together and never leave each other's side. Could also be because I got them together when they were still young. Who knows. This is more a reason I'm a bit hesitant to add 2 more Angels. I do have a spare 36g bowfront, but I really don't have much room anymore with my 55g and 75g set up. Decisions, decisions haha

My betta in the 20g likes to hang out in this cave ornament I got him. I always make sure he sees me when it's feeding time and he gladly greets me.

Glad your fish are all doing well. Can't wait for more updates!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Patriot didn't seem too happy last night when I looked in on him and the crew. I put a "house" ornament in there to cut down some of the flow of water. I think he was just tired. I'm about to go check on everyone now.

The one complaint I've heard about the Spec V is that the flow (in and out) can be strong for bettas. I've read of some people who put pre-filter sponges over the outflow to cut down on the force.

Hey there! :D

I have not had a chance to post my big updates. I want to be able to do it with pictures and whatnot. Everyone seems to be doing swimmingly.

I will make one note: my convict fish randomly bit the dust. However, and please don't judge me too harshly, but because he was such a jerk, it allowed me to reduce the number of tanks running at the moment, and I'm going to set up my other 55g! :)

I was debating the wisdom of moving everything now or waiting until the weekend.. So far I'm leaning on the sooner the better. :)

Soon... PICTURES!

Sent from a place where the water is fresh and clean and we all swim free.

This will be a planted 55g. I'm starting small, combining the plants I purchased for the 10g plus the plants I received from pitbully13 :). It's going to be interesting!

So, I created the 55g planted and had a worry about throwing fish in like I usually do. I decided to leave them in the current 30g, so I know they're safe for now.

So, here's the new 55g:

104771-albums14536-picture70348.jpeg

So, other than the snails I have erupting out of the substrate and the plants, I figure I'd get the rest of the tank settled before fish transfer. :) Although, the filter is still live, and clearly the substrate is, so it should be okay before long.

Looks awesome, I like the rock arch you made and that is some unique branches\roots; manzanita? What types of plants do you have so far?

Thanks, Watson! There are actually 2 arches, you just can't see the other very well :). I know I have anubias and I can't remember the name of the other small plant I have. The others I acquired from Pitbully in his moving sale! :) He'll be able to let you know what I have. Lol

Love the set up Carriwin! Really like the driftwood :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Hey Barliman! I wiggled the arch pretty hard, I don't think it's going anywhere. The substrate is flourite.

So, my angels have been behaving so well, I wanted to show them off, too! They weren't really happy with the bigger filter, so when I set up the new 55g, I switched their filter back... they seem to be a little happier now. :)

104771-albums14536-picture70360.jpg

You can barely see one of my two gourami chilling in the corner behind the plant. My pleco, as usual, just kinda chills underneath the driftwood. He's very happy there. :D

I'm surprised at how well my angels are getting along. You'd never know they were from two different batches from two different places. :) They just school together, which is kind of interesting. :)

Beautiful Angel's :) my hubby would really like another one but I don't have the room sadly.

Thanks, shelly! This is actually one of my dream tanks. :) I had wanted a tank of angels a few years ago and a couple of them had died off... (I think it was new tank syndrome in hindsight). I'm really glad I have them now... they're a joy. I'm sorry that you're a victim to the "lack of space" issue. :( Contrary to how my posts look, I am very familiar with the issue.

We had a blue Angel but had to re home her as my elephant nose was biting her during the night and she had hardly any fins left, we would fix her and he would start again. Here's a pic of her 1467825908099.jpg

She's beautiful!!!! I didn't know angels like her existed!

Thank you, she's one fish we miss.

Back
Top Bottom