Cichlid Compatiblity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you read my other thread I asked if I could put in a pair of kenyi in the tank I have know which is a 29g. i have seen others and they are just smashed with fish not as small but they have a tone in some of these. So just curious, let me know.

I was going to geet a bumble bee actually and my mom was like check out this orange one(rz) I ended up getting it. But when I researched bumble bee they were very aggressive all over the board so I'm not surprised. What sized tank do you have your mbunas in?

i cant remember when i had them before if the bumble bee was aggressive or not..i have another one that shows some aggression ...i've knocked the temp back and hope that'll help a little

My bumble bee was mellow in my tank. The only fish I have had that weren't chill are the red zebras. I think I'm in the minority though. I have just had really wimpy cichlids. LOL

My bumble bee was mellow in my tank. The only fish I have had that weren't chill are the red zebras. I think I'm in the minority though. I have just had really wimpy cichlids. LOL

lol awwww...i noticed the bumble and kenyi kinda go back and forth on whose going to pick and chase others...i think my bumble is a little bit more...but i'm wondering if its cause of his eye is messed up i'm not sure

img_1312239_0_4d334342901b852957613bb5012c13ad.jpg

sorry its a bad picture i did the best i could...when i bought him he was all black with a light color kinda swirled in..and has a jewel like affect on him..

I still have a zebra OB and a johanni in my 125g with all other haps and peacocks and still theres no chasing. Well, I have a pair of obliquens that chase each other but no one else. I wonder why I never get any issues...maybe the haps have chilled out my mbuna.

I think alot just has to do with the fish's temperment, how its raised and its enviroment. My fish always had alot of room and alot of rocks so they never fought over territory.

This is just my experience can't vouch for others. Just wanted to share that sometimes they aren't as outragously aggressive but 9 times out of 10 they are.

I still have a zebra OB and a johanni in my 125g with all other haps and peacocks and still theres no chasing. Well, I have a pair of obliquens that chase each other but no one else. I wonder why I never get any issues...maybe the haps have chilled out my mbuna.

I think alot just has to do with the fish's temperment, how its raised and its enviroment. My fish always had alot of room and alot of rocks so they never fought over territory.

This is just my experience can't vouch for others. Just wanted to share that sometimes they aren't as outragously aggressive but 9 times out of 10 they are.

understandable..if one of them was...i probably would take him back...the back of my tank..well my tank in general cause its tall not wide..i have lava rocks stacked i'd like more..but i bought those a long time ago..and cant seem to find something now..

Could I put a pair of kenyi or anything else to what I have already?

Huh.. Looks like a jd to me kinda and your description of dots or whatever matches up... Why is he in a bucket?

he was wayyyy dark in the store....in the bucket cause him and another fish didnt look good..and petsmarts policy is they take them back to return and cichlids would eat the fish before i got up...

giggalz said:
he was wayyyy dark in the store....in the bucket cause him and another fish didnt look good..and petsmarts policy is they take them back to return and cichlids would eat the fish before i got up...

I had a JD do that to me could you google a JD to see if I'm right. I'm trying to get good at indentifying differant fish.

it was near the tanks with it..and yeah the shape in all they looked like them..just a different kind..

Back
Top Bottom