College Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From someone who basically lives in clemson, I'm pulling for a Bama blowout! There are no worse fans in college football than clemson fans. I actually wasn't surprised at the blowout, Bama is on another level. Even with subpar qb play they have been stout.

And after all the sec hate I've heard primarily from Colin cowherd and Fox sports, the sec has dominated bowl season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cowherd and all of fox feels like they have to bash the sec because they signed with ESPN over them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know what happened to Iowa and Michigan State. Neither team has been on that high of a stage in a while, but they were both outplayed and out coached. The NW, Iowa, and MSU losses were all ugly, but the UM, Ohio State, and Wisconsin wins were all inspiring.

Another blowout...this time in the Sugar Bowl. Yawn ?

Agreed. Saw Auburn get the W.
Sec 6-2 thus far

And they say the SEC fell off ?

In all seriousness, I will not (cannot) watch any conference play except SEC. Games without an SEC team playing is boring to me, and the games look funny, like they're generic or something. Dunno why.

Jesse

The SEC is the best conference, but I don't think it is as good as it has been perceived to be. Anyway, I've never been a fan of ranking conferences. Each conference has their set of challenges and good teams. In the end, I root for my team and not any individual conference.

Edit: Not any shot at you guys by the way; I just don't like when the media constantly talks about one conference and tries to rank them.

Agreed. Saw Auburn get the W.
Sec 6-2 thus far

Yea we actually played a good game for the first time all year

Still a little upset y'all stole our defensive coordinator though

Lots of Buckeyes going to the NFL, but maybe it will be a blessing in disguise. Lots of hungry players will be coming into the lineup, and the expectations won't be as ridiculous. Plus, there won't be any QB drama and they won't have the #1 targets on their back. No one can complain about their schedule either haha (@ Oklahoma, @ Wiscy, @ Penn State, @ Sparty, Michigan, Nebraska, Northwestern, plus many trap games).

I'm looking forward to the Clemson-Alabama matchup. I'm predicting Clemson will upset the tide (sorry TMRC ?).

Lots of Buckeyes going to the NFL, but maybe it will be a blessing in disguise. Lots of hungry players will be coming into the lineup, and the expectations won't be as ridiculous. Plus, there won't be any QB drama and they won't have the #1 targets on their back. No one can complain about their schedule either haha (@ Oklahoma, @ Wiscy, @ Penn State, @ Sparty, Michigan, Nebraska, Northwestern, plus many trap games).

I'm looking forward to the Clemson-Alabama matchup. I'm predicting Clemson will upset the tide (sorry TMRC ?).

As a spectator who watched 10 of clemsons 12 games, I wouldn't expect it. A 5 point win over my 3-8 SC squad, 7 point win over louisville, 2 point win over ND, can't remember the scores but close wins over Florida state, NC state and North carolina, not one of which is even close to the upcoming challenge.

Come on fish enthusiast, tell me you wouldn't be pulling for their opponent if it were not an sec team? :)

Yea we actually played a good game for the first time all year

Still a little upset y'all stole our defensive coordinator though

Sorry guys, we needed a head coach. And you guys were squandering him as second in command to malzahn, give gus two more years tops as hc.

And on that first paragraph, trust that those losses will hurt. A normal recruiting class loss is bad enough but a lot of guys are abandoning ship at osu, guys who didn't have to and could've enjoyed uncompeted starter roles in 2016. Urban experienced a similar phenomenon after tebows senior season.

Tennessee picked up Miami's interim coach as our tight end coach. Big score for us. Seen today we rushed for 2908 yards this season, the 2nd most in Tennessee history. Really shows how much our offensive line improved from last year. Jon Gruden compares Jaylen Hurd to a young Eddie George during the bowl game. I took it as a compliment, and an insult, as George can't take a hit IMO, and Hurd seems to like trying to intentionally run through people while carrying the ball. VFL

248 days til kickoff.

Jesse

And on that first paragraph, trust that those losses will hurt. A normal recruiting class loss is bad enough but a lot of guys are abandoning ship at osu, guys who didn't have to and could've enjoyed uncompeted starter roles in 2016. Urban experienced a similar phenomenon after tebows senior season.

Many of those players have the chance to get the big paycheck (many 1st round possibilities), so its not a big surprise. Urban is one the best recruiters out there, so Ohio State isn't going to just fall off. Plus, Barrett will be the QB to lead the team next year, which should help a lot. Go Bucks!

Butch Jones got rid of Jancek, our defensive coordinator. On the fence about this, hopefully he made the right move.

Jesse

The game isn't over yet. Clemson is driving.

Back
Top Bottom