Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately Doug I cannot follow that advice. I will most definitely eat too much fowl and drink more than my share of beer:). Enjoy all![/QUOTE
Im in agreement there Keith.., thank god doug didn't mention not drinking our share of beer !!!! Its nice having this forum family to to be thankful for ... Enjoy the spirit and the day !!!

A minor little update,..re. Bulk reef supply and my ever so leaking RODI canisters,.... As promised they sent me four new o rings for the " spartan" RODI unit that I had purchased........ A few posts back I had mentioned that I had manufactured a new o ring that worked beautifully at sealing off the leaky cylinder BUT apparently , the larger diameter o ring allowed a little blow by,...the tds meter going into the DI unit was 13 ppm and after the DI unit it was only showing 10 ppm..... Soooooo I waited and when the new o rings arrived I installed a new one and tighten it up as much as was possible ,...the tds went down to 0 but the cylinder once agin leaked badly,..so I tried installing two greased up o rings ,one on top of another and now I have NO leaks and 0 tds !!!!
I also noticed that brs has a full set of new canisters headed my way ( nc ) once they become available back in stock !!! ( maybe they had a bad batch that wasn't quite right ? ) Now that's pretty good customer service !!! Got my fingers crossed that sooner or later everything will perform flawlessly once again.
I also decided that I will keep my older RODI unit instead of selling it and install that under my kitchen sink and will use the optional water bladder and faucet so I'll have a never ending supply of drinking water on tap,...my girl drinks an amazing amount of water so I'm sure she'll take advantage of the system .

A minor little update,..re. Bulk reef supply and my ever so leaking RODI canisters,.... As promised they sent me four new o rings for the " spartan" RODI unit that I had purchased........ A few posts back I had mentioned that I had manufactured a new o ring that worked beautifully at sealing off the leaky cylinder BUT apparently , the larger diameter o ring allowed a little blow by,...the tds meter going into the DI unit was 13 ppm and after the DI unit it was only showing 10 ppm..... Soooooo I waited and when the new o rings arrived I installed a new one and tighten it up as much as was possible ,...the tds went down to 0 but the cylinder once agin leaked badly,..so I tried installing two greased up o rings ,one on top of another and now I have NO leaks and 0 tds !!!! I also noticed that brs has a full set of new canisters headed my way ( nc ) once they become available back in stock !!! ( maybe they had a bad batch that wasn't quite right ? ) Now that's pretty good customer service !!! Got my fingers crossed that sooner or later everything will perform flawlessly once again. I also decided that I will keep my older RODI unit instead of selling it and install that under my kitchen sink and will use the optional water bladder and faucet so I'll have a never ending supply of drinking water on tap,...my girl drinks an amazing amount of water so I'm sure she'll take advantage of the system .

Glad to hear things got straightened out. Btw I been waiting for the new 20" canisters from BRS for a couple of weeks now to get back in stock lol.

No spartan unit only leaked at the pressure gauge & I fixed that, I actually decided to add a second DI stage to mine but the canisters are still on backorder. They finally got the refillable cartridge in but still no canisters.

No spartan unit only leaked at the pressure gauge & I fixed that, I actually decided to add a second DI stage to mine but the canisters are still on backorder. They finally got the refillable cartridge in but still no canisters.

I got a email saying that my canisters are on their way so I would imagine that your's can't be far behind.

So the new brs $419 spartan rodi unit came in last thursday ., and it's a rather impressive beast in it self.., so i installed a valve under my bathroom sink and ran the lines ( feed and return. ) thru the wall and behind my giant cabinet and also installed a inline valve right before entering the rodi unit..... So far so good.., everything is plumbed and ready for a test fire... First cylinder fills and leaks voraciously., second cylinder does the same and so forth ... I try and tighten the individual cylinders as much as humanly possible and did manage to curb the flow to three out of four., however there was just no stopping the flow thru the di filter.,,it was a gusher ., it appears that the rubber o rings where not compressing enough to stop the flow of water before the plastic cylinder housing bottomed out when it met the top main housing..... I called brs and explained that it appeared that the orings were simply not the correct size for the unit and explained the whole situation., they agreed and were going to send me a whole new complete set of o rings via express mail and that i would get them by saturday.... Will its monday and ive yet to see anything... Soooooo taking the bull by the horn i found a giant o ring at work and experimented by cutting it to size and super gluing it together ., this oring is about twice as thick as the supplied one., its been up and running fir about and hour now and theres no drips !!! She works beautifully !!! Hopefully eventually brs will make good on my orings but until then im happy that i can finally make up some new water !!!
I used to work at a WW2 radial aircraft engine overhaul shop my father owned and we would get 1000' spools of rubber cord that we would cut to length with a template and then use super glue to connect them...voila! Perfect o-rings...if a super glued o-ring worked for a aircraft under FAA scrutiny this o-ring you made should be perfect for a aquarium :)

I used to work at a WW2 radial aircraft engine overhaul shop my father owned and we would get 1000' spools of rubber cord that we would cut to length with a template and then use super glue to connect them...voila! Perfect o-rings...if a super glued o-ring worked for a aircraft under FAA scrutiny this o-ring you made should be perfect for a aquarium :)

That's so cool to hear,...I think I NOW have the right combo for the next time I have to change out the filters,....thanks for the info,.. It reassured me that I figured things out right for once,..thank you

Did your "custom" shipping replacement filters arrive yet? I just got the email notification that the canister I had been wanting to order was back in stock so hopefully mine ships today. Also tracking on my "custom" shipped order shows due to arrive today. Yay, DI resin replacement time!

Did your "custom" shipping replacement filters arrive yet? I just got the email notification that the canister I had been wanting to order was back in stock so hopefully mine ships today. Also tracking on my "custom" shipped order shows due to arrive today. Yay, DI resin replacement time!
i havent received them yet nor did i get a tracking # either... So your guess is as good as mine... Been nine days since they " custom" shipped them out

i havent received them yet nor did i get a tracking # either... So your guess is as good as mine... Been nine days since they " custom" shipped them out

At this point I would call them, Dary. They now have the items in stock so they could re-ship direct from them to you. Best of luck.

At this point I would call them, Dary. They now have the items in stock so they could re-ship direct from them to you. Best of luck.

I called them this morning and was told that they were having my canisters drop shipped from the manufacturer,..... Expect delivery whenever they get here I guess,... In the mean time MY homemade o rings working good.

Back
Top Bottom