Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1Vampiregirl said:
Nice corals! It took a while for them to arrive. My blenny and zoas were delivered at 9!
Can't wait to see those superman shrooms all big and happy.

VG. Me too!..... How about the zoa's ., let's see some zoa actiont photos... Actually , I'm really Curious if theyll settle comfortably into your cube or not...I Think that'll probably be my next endeavor ., trying out a couple of zoa frags or a brain coral

Well, I can tell you they opened up right away and looked quite pleased all day long. The pink color of the polyps is subtle, I'm not sure if it's the way it is or it'll brighten up later, but because of that it's kinda hard for me to get a good picture to post, it just looks beige-grey-pinkish. I'll try tomorrow with another camera.

Well, as promised here's the new coral's 24 hours after photo shoot... Everything is starting to puff up as expected., the superman mushrooms are especially big today except that their colors under my lighting is more of a orange than the blue and red as indicated on the LA " divers den" web page...we'll see after awhile if it'll get back to their colors but for mow everything is A OK

Last edited:
Looking good! The mushrooms are amazingly huge! Maybe they need a couple of days to "show their true colors" lol.
I like the long tentacle coral in the last photo.

Today,..in a moment of exhilaration I ordered a couple of zoa colonies,...I bought a blue neon polyped colored rock and also a rock infested with green centered button polyps ,....hopefully ,they'll ship them out today and we 'll be able to get 'em in the tank very shortly,..I hope my triggerfish leave these alone too! :-/

Dary421 said:
Today,..in a moment of exhilaration I ordered a couple of zoa colonies,...I bought a blue neon polyped colored rock and also a rock infested with green centered button polyps ,....hopefully ,they'll ship them out today and we 'll be able to get 'em in the tank very shortly,..I hope my triggerfish leave these alone too! :-/

Awesome they are goona look good in your tank
I thought you were running out of real estate? Lol

ryan-peddle said:
Awesome they are goona look good in your tank
I thought you were running out of real estate? Lol

Ryan,..Only on the sand bed ( for a possible brain coral) but besides the bottom floor the rest of the floors are open game and are in need of some good furniture.... :)

How's the trigger doing in there? Does he disturb anything?

Nope, so far ( fingers crossed) neither of my triggers ( picaso ,and rectangular) have done much damage,.. Theyve dug a couple of pits that they like to sleep in ,..but other than that ,they haven't touched any corals or caused too much trouble.

slitherbomb said:
Do you have any crabs or snails in there?
Just a few Nassarius ( sp.) snails because they live in the sand bed ..any other snails or crab like things are eaten very quickly... I guess that's just the price you gotta pay to have a triggerfish :-/

slitherbomb said:
That's too bad... I really wanted one :(

I'd love to have some fancy crabs and shrimps in there myself but.....as of now the triggers win,.....maybe if I ever lose the triggers then I'll add the crabs etc...., but the triggers are a real trip to intermingle with,...more like having a couple of mischievous puppys than fish

I might get one anyways. People say that my snowflake eel will DEFINITELY eat my shrimp and crabs, yet they are all still there. I do know though that it would suck to lose one of my $20 cleaner shrimp....

slitherbomb said:
I might get one anyways. People say that my snowflake eel will DEFINITELY eat my shrimp and crabs, yet they are all still there. I do know though that it would suck to lose one of my $20 cleaner shrimp....
...kinda hard to say,.. IMO ,I think the trigger would be relentless in it's pursuit until he has eaten the shrimp..but,I've heard that some people actually have shrimp and triggerfish that live in harmony together , I think it just depends on the triggerfish himself,..tough call and a big gamble,.. Good luck

Well today ( .. As far as I'm concerned ) was a big day for me and my reef build... I got my box this afternoon containing my neon blue zoa rock , my green centered button polyps rock clump, a $17 mystery coral bag and my first ever green brain coral., the cool thing about this brain coral is that it was fastened to an old brain coral skeleton thus making it feasible to wedge it into a little rock crevice off the bottom without harming the coral itself.., as you can probably tell the polyps are just starting to open up as they've only been in the tank for a short time.. The brain coral's color really illuminates the tank and beckons for attention... Hopefully all will go well and all these new additions will flourish ..., maybe tomorrow I'll take some "after" pictures.., hope the pics are ok :)

Wow Dary... Looking great! Congrats on the new additions to the family. It's coming along by leaps and bounds.

Maya said:
Wow Dary... Looking great! Congrats on the new additions to the family. It's coming along by leaps and bounds.

Thanks Maya ,....that neon colored brain coral really added some snap !! ... Slowly but surely I'm bringing a little bit of Hawaii back into my living room,...got a Hawaiian trip all paid for leaving in September ,..( can't wait!) I think I'll be paying a lot more attention to the corals and the micro world when I go snorkeling on this trip then in previous ones......got a long way to go with the tank but little by little I'll get there.,..thanks,

Pictures!!! So excited for you, Dary! The brain looks very cool with that neon green color. Can't wait for the polyps to open up. Some seem greenish too? Coolness!
The only thing I thought I'd mention, it seems from one of the pics that some of your zoas are very close to a hammer coral. If so, they may not like it since hammers can sting.

My congratulations on your new corals! Your tank will soon look gorgeous!

nice looking tank i got some green ricordia mushrooms coming tomorrow where do you place yours bottom? middle? thanks ahead of time

Back
Top Bottom