Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt regarding a honest mistake ,,,but not returning a phone call for nine days AND only retuning it when you told them you were going to cancel your order ,in my mind is totally absurd,... Nope,..will never order from them again ,.... Yep,..we'll see if they send it out as promised,... Stay tuned

Sorry bout your order. I'm still waiting for my DI replacement, they said 3-4 days and were shipping it that day which was last wednesday. Ok given the holiday, it may take longer, but I also emailed dealer and asked when did they ship and I got no response so am still struggling with making water cause I leak so much, my water bill is going to be high. The dang plastic stuff gets worn to fast, already leaking at faucet now (won't even thread on my metal one anymore either). Sorry I vented.

ryan-peddle said:
I really hope you get it NOTHING worse then waiting for an order to come in the mail checking the mail box everyday and disappointed most of the time lol

Well ,.I got another call from them this afternoon informing me that the shipment was leaving the warehouse and to expect it tomorrow morning before 10:30 am,...see,..now they're getting it,..customer service!! I Also had to rush my dog " scruffy" to the vet this afternoon when he stepped on a bee and got stung on the bottom of his foot,...you talk about a heart wrenching sight,..he was so uncomfortable and in pain,....poor fella,...but he's fine now.

Will be looking forward to the pics of the new arrivals. ;)

I'm so happy your dog is okay now! My cat Chunky Monkey is only 3 years old but I already had to rush him to pet ER at least 3 times plus the countless follow ups and non urgent visits. It's so awful when something happens to our 4-legged (or finned) babies.

Awe, hope he's feeling better. I got my DI in the mail today. It's not clear like what I had. Rats. I know how resin looks when it goes bad too. Now I can't see it.

Let us know if you get your stuff.

Dary421 said:
Well ,.I got another call from them this afternoon informing me that the shipment was leaving the warehouse and to expect it tomorrow morning before 10:30 am,...see,..now they're getting it,..customer service!! I Also had to rush my dog " scruffy" to the vet this afternoon when he stepped on a bee and got stung on the bottom of his foot,...you talk about a heart wrenching sight,..he was so uncomfortable and in pain,....poor fella,...but he's fine now.

Hope your puppy is ok my dogs own my heart I don't even like the sad faces they can pull sometimes but it's just for attention mainly when I am doing stuff to my tanks cause I am not fussin over them darn dogs got me pegged

Vampiregirl, I see you're in Miami! What lfs do you go to? Lol I'm not going to stalk you or anything, just want to try something different. The one I go to is trash, unless you're friends with the owner.

slitherbomb said:
Vampiregirl, I see you're in Miami! What lfs do you go to? Lol I'm not going to stalk you or anything, just want to try something different. The one I go to is trash, unless you're friends with the owner.

I'll PM you, slitherbomb.

Well it's been another very long day,...work starts at 3 am and I get a email notice from ups saying that my shipment was left at a ups facility in kentucky and would have to be rescheduled,...once again ,...more wonderful news,....long story short,...shipment arrived safe and sound at 10 am California time (sent from Florida ).... I made a quick stop at my lfs after work to pick up some" vampier girl snails" and to pick up a piece of rock that I thought I needed ,...my buddy at the lfs showed me these new manmade live rocks that they just got in ($6.99 lb)....and you know what ? They looked pretty darn good,...so I bought one piece and smacked it with a hammer and made up a couple of smaller pieces from it.
I've spent the last couple of hours acclimating my new mushrooms and corals to my tank and trying to figure out exactly where and how to place them,..a few blobs of epoxy puffy and a little persuasion seems to have paced the pieces where I wanted them to go,...
so as we speak,..nothing too much to see as the corals are rather swiveled up at this time,...but this is what I bought
1. Two blue mushrooms on a rock ( a big surprise there)
2. A small Rosta leather
3,a small red chili
4, a small blue blue devil finger leather
5. Small yellow toadstool leather

Once these new pieces get themselves inflated I'll take a few pictures,....Dary
P.s. Scruffy has recovered extremely well from his bee sting and is resting comfortably
P.s.2... Bee dead!

Last edited:
I actually purchased a small green mushroom because of this post! I just don't know how to keep it on a rock without the flow moving it...

Hey you got those nassarius snails? I love mine, they're so cool! :)

I'm glad your shipment finally arrived! Pics, pics, pics!!!

slitherbomb said:
I actually purchased a small green mushroom because of this post! I just don't know how to keep it on a rock without the flow moving it...

All these mushrooms basically require low to moderate lighting and low water flow,...so pick a spot on the bottom or low in your tank that is pretty well sheltered from any fast water movements and you'll be fine,...if their wings are really flapping in the breeze then your water movement is too high and you'll probably have to move 'em to a more sheltered location,..... They pretty much will take care of themselves

Do you put it on the sand or a rock? Because mine was thrown around a little where I it it and it managed to end up right side up on the sand.

1Vampiregirl said:
Hey you got those nassarius snails? I love mine, they're so cool! :)

I'm glad your shipment finally arrived! Pics, pics, pics!!!

Yeah,....I got some vampire girl snails (4)... But I'm waiting til night fall to put them in the tank so the triggerfish won't eat'em up..:)
......I just ordered some "superman mushrooms" from your favorite place,. I'm really excited now!!!!!.... What's the name if your local lfs,... I seem to order a lot from Florida so maybe that's the place?

slitherbomb said:
Do you put it on the sand or a rock? Because mine was thrown around a little where I it it and it managed to end up right side up on the sand.

It prob doesn't matter a whole lot,...I try and put mine on a rock somewhere but as long as it doesn't blow away it'll prob be ok,...remember... Low water flow = big mushrooms

slitherbomb said:
Ok thank you! Btw I love your tank

You can-also superglue( gel) them to a rock ... But usually if the water movement is light enough ( ideal), just put them in a indentation in the rock and they'll just suck themselves into it and will live happily ever after,...re.tank,...thanks, but I got a long ways to go !!!

Dary421 said:
Yeah,....I got some vampire girl snails (4)... But I'm waiting til night fall to put them in the tank so the triggerfish won't eat'em up..:)
......I just ordered some "superman mushrooms" from your favorite place,. I'm really excited now!!!!!.... What's the name if your local lfs,... I seem to order a lot from Florida so maybe that's the place?

It's Fish Collection, but I doubt it's the place you order from, it's a really small place

Oh those superman are a beauty!! :)

1Vampiregirl said:
It's Fish Collection, but I doubt it's the place you order from, it's a really small place

Oh those superman are a beauty!! :)

V'girl..... Re.lfs ,.Nope,...you're off the hook ... Re.superman ,...I ( like you) have been eyeballing your site for awhile and decided that if I really wanted these ,then I should pull the plug and get 'em before someone else gets 'em :). Have a super weekend v'girl, Dary

Ok., well it's been about 24 hours since the new additions went into the tank .., there's a couple of right after they went in pictures and the others are from today... Hope the pictures come out ok.. I've got a long way to go, but I'm getting there slowly but surely... I'm sure these leather corals will take some more time to really acclimate themselves before taking off , but for now this is what I've got... Dary

Pictures!!! :D
Your tank is beautiful, Dary, very! I'm so jealous. That big coral on top, is it a leather? I like it though leathers have never been on my faves list. I very truly admire all you've done with the tank and I'm in love with that tang of yours. He's almost in every pic lol!

Have a good weekend too! :)

Back
Top Bottom