Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could fit your whole library in that "small" tank. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You could fit your whole library in that "small" tank. Lol

I should try that - see if I can find a bookcase with a built in fish tank or something to expand out. :)

Definitely unhappy with the buce position but figure there is an auction in a month so odds on to buy some more plants.

Picked up a sliding mesh plate for moss, etc at raffle table so trying to find some room for that as well.

Bummer for pics.

Auction shopping & moss shelf sounds cool. Our big sale is end of October!!! will be volunteering. Just looking for a Pygmy Sunfish or 3 and probably not needing much. I need to SELL a bunch of misc stuff taking up space. :)

Embedded pic
gtldnOg.jpg

Let me retrace my steps on how to do this

I don't think I could get rid of stuff :) Although was searching through drawers and thinking I should tidy up. I know I've been putting stuff on the top of the book cases (nice little indent to hide stuff from the raffle table) and really need to sort it all out :)

Trying Imgur now. Meh, not excited. Can't get it to display as image. Tried putting [i mg] [/i mg] either side.

https://imgur.com/a/d4OA2

Okay, this is what I did.
1. Clicked on the link you provided and this screen (#1) appeared. I then clicked on the green button entitled "Open in app"
2. A similar screen appeared (#2). Tapping on any part of the image...
3. Will display this screen (#3) which has a small white icon at at the bottom. Clicking on the icon will display...
4. A pop up menu (#4). Click on the Copy Link button on the left
5. Paste the link in a post and wrap the link with the IMG tags
IMG_3826.jpg

I'd be fine with that room being in my house. Gorgeous.

This place is huge :) We got it fairly cheap but one reason it was cheap was a lot of wall damage. Weeks of patching and painting. Should be good for a bit now.

There is another room around the corner plus the kitchen / dining table and it's got sofas and other boring stuff. Really needs a 6ft SW tank but sadly no luck :( It's nice though to relax and just watch the fish world go by.

Okay, this is what I did.
1. Clicked on the link you provided and this screen (#1) appeared. I then clicked on the green button entitled "Open in app"
2. A similar screen appeared (#2). Tapping on any part of the image...
3. Will display this screen (#3) which has a small white icon at at the bottom. Clicking on the icon will display...
4. A pop up menu (#4). Click on the Copy Link button on the left
5. Paste the link in a post and wrap the link with the IMG tags
View attachment 303605

Thanks!

Think I have it - will double-check. Did water change yesterday, pruned a little, filter clean, buce is still lost - given up.

Waved finger at Java Fern and said next week for sure it is getting a hair cut.

C8g2HDv.jpg

Last edited:
One of the flowers. Seems to have survived the water change (they seem to hate those). I've left this one as it found a gap by itself in the tank covers. It gets even weirder as once one stem finds a gap, the rest will follow (maybe I'm over-reading it).

68828fa6f2013812df098e1d55d3d883.jpg

Hilarious!!! It looks like that flower is scouting for the way out - now it is going to tell the others!!!

I got one of those big bulbs which turned into a plant and upon planting it broke off almost all its beautiful leaves, they were very brittle.

Kind of reminds me of the old day of the triffids movie :)

I've read the aponogetons are meant to hibernate but this one just keeps chugging along. The other one sends up pretty weak stems by comparison.

Keep meaning to buy some small root tabs and add in to see if that helps. I have some tabs but they are quite large.

Kind of reminds me of the old day of the triffids movie :)

I've read the aponogetons are meant to hibernate but this one just keeps chugging along. The other one sends up pretty weak stems by comparison.

Keep meaning to buy some small root tabs and add in to see if that helps. I have some tabs but they are quite large.

Had to look up the movie, pretty funny! (not the most devout movie fan).

Can you get Ferkka Stemma or Rosetta at the stores or online there? I believe they are from Thailand. Quite amazing fert caps.

Got to do something on stem plants as well to clean them up. Might just replant next week.

Another flower has found a gap. Persistent things.

e25664ade7aa6d3fe594d140ef88c9cb.jpg

Had to look up the movie, pretty funny! (not the most devout movie fan).

Can you get Ferkka Stemma or Rosetta at the stores or online there? I believe they are from Thailand. Quite amazing fert caps.

Found an Asian store. Will look at eBay though as was $45 for 50 caps of each but postage was $30.....

I have some large tabs left over from redoing plants, might use those cut up into smaller portions and go for a trip to a few stores to "look around".

Last edited:
Stopped off at a fish shop but don't sell tabs anymore as not a big seller. So either buy online or drive to a speciality store. Almost regretting throwing out the gel capsules to do DIY.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom