Doug's 105 rimless build and diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got mine at 120 sweet I think ima get another fixture then lol

Ok...I got my fixtures. These are nicer than my old ones. Completely silent, better hanging kits, and nicer looking knobs. I was able to remove 2 screws on each of them and added a piece of aluminum L channel which I found at home depot. This holds them together and perfectly straight.
img_2861791_0_e13568b4c55f69ed02c325a02c1febd9.jpg

img_2861791_1_f1772f5ffa10424ea761c38fc96c2477.jpg

img_2861791_2_e57d306e866ca3dd9cf7ea2a667f070d.jpg

I also added a second fish... it's my file fish from the 300. I helped move that tank from one house to another and this guy was my reward.
img_2861797_0_67fd576eb3aa4b29d1d96a7e8eb6deae.jpg

Nice bracket, I may have to borrow that idea and I have to ask because I do like file fish, how well does he work in a reef

The moment I put him in he ate a chunk out of a scoly I had on the sand bed. This is the same thing that happened the first time I introduced him to the 300, but then he lost the taste for coral. I hope he behaves this way again.

That was my worry, everything I've seen says that they're not reef compatible but I know it can boil down to the individual fish

Both my filefish ate every polyp I had in my 180g before I realized what was happening. :-(

I still have my leathers, some huge polyp palys and some shrooms that they dont seem to care for as much as my zooas and sps.
Cool fish though....

This one has been sent to the back tanks. It was eating LPS at will this time. He's got a 50 gallon stock tank all to himself.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already...

How far down is your overflow from the top of the tank? Seems like you have it set with a good water height.

I'm guessing your just gunna leave the top wide open? I'm just asking Bc I'm wondering if I should do the same or screen mine

Yeah, but the crazy thing is, he was a model citizen for over a year in the 300.

I think this is a demonstration that size of environment has a big effect on behaviors. Or maybe he just developed a taste for corals. I have seen and heard them on dives with their buddies, parrot fish, munching the reef, so it comes naturally.

I traded him back to the store for an overpriced yellow eye kole. He was the easiest fish I have ever encountered to catch. I simply put my hand in the water and plucked him out with 2 fingers.

Back
Top Bottom