Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr_X said:
It's not the equivalent of a 400 watt halide, per my PAR numbers. 125 on the sand bed is 125 on the sand bed. Just because his tank is shallower front to back doesn't mean the intensity will be greater on his sand bed.

Yes but on a 55 there will be a lot more overlap from the two fixtures. Suits me as it isn't worth debating. Carry on.

Doug do you use a tds meter for your ro water? I remember seeing your filters and I was just wondering

Cool I was just curious. Mine last pretty long but the tds of water in is only around 150-160. Glad your tank is in

Wow! I just finished Reading this build start to finish. A marathon!
Tons of great info. My head is going to explode :).
Now I have to buy the LED lights sweet....

Thanks everyone for all the good stuff.

Oh as far as RBTA taking over the tank. How's this; ( it's expands to double this size at mid-day)

Attachments

• image-4149850379.jpg
    image-4149850379.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 294
I'm going to buy the dimmable version of the Taotronics, I think I'll love them. Starting price is only 160$ too!

That's a big rbta! Looks really healthy:)

Wait... Are there two in there??

Your not supposed to have two anemones in a tank unless the tank is huge. I think the rule is also the same with pairs of clowns.

You can have 20 anemones in a tank. they don't bother each other. they just sting what they come in contact with. Not good to have many anemones in a reef because they tend to wander and sting corals.
Right now I have 6 in my tank.

Oh, interesting. So the only reason people say not to in a reef is because of the corals getting stung? I guess the risk of the nem eating fish is higher also.

Not healthy fish, but yes, worry about your corals, because even in pristine water, a clown may move when and where it wants to, and that may be right past that beautiful sps colony you've grown from a tiny frag.

Point taken! I won't get any more clowns.
Both anemone's has been where I places them lucky I guess. :)

I am moving my 75 gallon to 90 gallon. I have made 30 gallon new saltwater. I will move fish in buckets, move rock over and then fish.
Any suggestions? Or that should do it?

When I was moving from small tank to 90 gallon.
Look what I found!

Sweet! My anemone also split into 2. Since it split before the move I can't say it's stress of water quality :)

Attachments

• image-3310352848.jpg
    image-3310352848.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 240
needmorecowbell said:
That's great! You could make a build thread and tons of people will help. There's some knowledgable people here ;)

Sorry for over posting here I was too excited. I do have a build tread " 90 gallon saltwater build".

Leo- I been feeding them 1 raw shrimp per week.
I got home and found out my big anemone split too. :) got 4 now.
So I have to agree its stress. The move is the only thing I done different.
I think it's time to sell some to buy the led lights Mr_X bought.

Mr_X - sorry for the hijack. Won't happen again.

PS: everyone Plz respond on my tread.

Back
Top Bottom