Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The food recipe is simple. A small amount of whatever they have at the seafood counter, maybe some vitamin additive like selcon, chop/grind/process, and freeze flat.
Last time I used cod, shrimp, fresh clam, squid, cyclo-peeze, and kent zoe.

Space lord said:
Hey Doug is it possible to get your fish food recipe?

I followed doug's lead here a year and a half ago and as he said just chop up a concoction of stuff and freeze it flat then just break or cut off a piece at feeding time... Its also a great way to make sure your particular critter gets what it needs also... In my case i chopped up a bunch of nori ( seaweed ) into the mixture for the yellow tang.... I usually use a piece of fresh fish, squid, mussels, mysis, shrimp,, nori , lobster or whatever's available to me at the time.. A few drops of zoe for vitamins and your off.
Also, if you are going on vacation its a great way to pre cut some little pieces for someone to feed your fish while youre gone., that way you know they're not under/over feeding them.
I usually use one of those pill containers that have mon- tues - wed - etc stamped on them., ill precut the pieces and have them in the appropriate little bins for the days feeding...... It works great and itll save you a lot of money too.. Just another great tip from mr.x

Thanks Doug and Dary for the replies,seems there is a shortage of frozen food right now and figured I would try making my own gonna try putting mine in the smaller ice cube trays.

Space lord said:
Thanks Doug and Dary for the replies,seems there is a shortage of frozen food right now and figured I would try making my own gonna try putting mine in the smaller ice cube trays.

I put my mixture in a zip lock bag and smooth it down so it's like a 1/4 " or so thick,...makes it much easier to handle .

I put mine in jello shot cups. Freezes easy and you can pull one or two out the night before to defrost in the fridge.

Hey Doug, think I'm going with the ones you have. I'm no expert and idk if I'll need to dim mine anyways.

Just be careful to acclimate your corals slowly. use some sheets of window screen and remove one a week. Maybe 3 or 4 sheets.

Back
Top Bottom