Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr_X said:
Things are going good with the tank, but I've been laid up with the flu.

Sorry to hear that. When you feel up to it Plz post pics of aquascaping and your refugeium.

Try 2-3 spoons of buckwheat honey works like magic.

doug have you ever had a feather duster living in the skeleton of a brain, there is one on mine and that section of the coral seems to be showing its skeleton while very other part of it is doing well

the weather has been crap. the temps go up and down, summer weather to almost winter weather. i don't ever remember it doing this

Feel better, Doug! Hot tea, especially anything with peppermint. Very good for the lungs. A combination of Vitamins B2, B6, Pantothenic Acid, and C do amazing things for the immune system! Also, water soluble, so almost impossible to OD. But take care of yourself, and get us some more pictures because a lot of us live vicariously through your tank!

Douglas..,take it from one who had and lived thru a horrible bout with the flu a coupe of months ago,...rest,rest ,rest,.....chicken soup, orange juice and for me, Theraflu ,....you'll know when you're starting to feel better when you open the refrigerator and the beer looks more inviting than the orange juice.,... Hurry back !!!

Nothing much new at the moment. I took some growth pics but haven't pulled them off of the camera yet. The LTA's don't seem to like the LEDs. They are all shielding themselves completely from them, while the BTA's are all the way open, and high on the rock directly underneath them. I removed 2 that were almost completely white and put them in the refugium tank under the 150 watt halide to see what happens.
My Aussie elegance also did not like the LED's and has all but disintegrated.
So, do I raise them up, and chance browning out the sps, or leave them where they are and let only the strong survive?

I did purchase an Aqueon 2400gph power head and put it on the right side of the tank for extra flow. I might get another for the left side and remove that massive Tunze.

mr_X said:
Nothing much new at the moment. I took some growth pics but haven't pulled them off of the camera yet. The LTA's don't seem to like the LEDs. They are all shielding themselves completely from them, while the BTA's are all the way open, and high on the rock directly underneath them. I removed 2 that were almost completely white and put them in the refugium tank under the 150 watt halide to see what happens.
My Aussie elegance also did not like the LED's and has all but disintegrated.
So, do I raise them up, and chance browning out the sps, or leave them where they are and let only the strong survive?

I did purchase an Aqueon 2400gph power head and put it on the right side of the tank for extra flow. I might get another for the left side and remove that massive Tunze.

You know what's kinda cool about you Doug ,... You're just one of us,,...you go thru a lot of the same issues as the rest of us and you're not afraid to tell us about your successes and failures too,...it's kind of refreshing to me and I'm sure to others here ,that although you're very,very knowledgable in this whole field of saltwater aquariums.., you occasionally lose some corals , get some Cyanobacteria or maybe buy something you wish you hadn't ,...I guess we all kinda try and learn from others mistakes and successes,...I sure have!! ,..anyway thanks for always being available for some friendly advice ..,and in case no one else dares to say it,...I for one am very glad you're here !! Thank you ,Dary

ya, i thought the same exact thing dary.

doug, thanks for all the advice on the leds. i bought the dimmable version a little while ago and my sps are loving it... actually all my corals are loving it!

You know what's kinda cool about you Doug ,... You're just one of us,,...you go thru a lot of the same issues as the rest of us and you're not afraid to tell us about your successes and failures too,...it's kind of refreshing to me and I'm sure to others here ,that although you're very,very knowledgable in this whole field of saltwater aquariums.., you occasionally lose some corals , get some Cyanobacteria or maybe buy something you wish you hadn't ,...I guess we all kinda try and learn from others mistakes and successes,...I sure have!! ,..anyway thanks for always being available for some friendly advice ..,and in case no one else dares to say it,...I for one am very glad you're here !! Thank you ,Dary

Willing to bet there are tons of people who feel the same way. :) Doug has been a huge help to me since day one. In a lot of ways, he is like a parent, always nice but not afraid to tell you when you screwed up. (y)

Back
Top Bottom