Dreaming...and Planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovin Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all! I thought I would see if you all could help me make my dream a reality! I am planning a Low-Tech tank...but have "high-tech" desires. Oops :brows: So, I have made up a sketch and would like your input of what plants could go where to create a look as similar to this sketch as possible while still keeping it low-tech (or at least without Co2 injections! High quality substrate is fine! and medium light will be doable too)

Anyway, here is a sketch of what I envision my tank to look like (as close as possible)

DSC00837.JPG

And here is my second tank dream LOL!

DSC00833.JPG

I know for sure I will use some Water Sprite (both types; Ceratopteris Pteridoides and C. Thalictroides), and I really like Talian Val (Vallisneria Spiralis) and Cabomba (Cabomba Caroliniana). Not sure about placement yet...but am having fun working on it!

Offer any low-tech plants you think would help achieve a look similar to the two tank sketches!
:thanks:

I like the second one best :)
Aquascaping Principles In my tanks I have anubias, java ferns, moss, swords, tiger lotus, Vals and crypts. I like to steer away from stem plants because I'm simply too lazy to maintain them. :) lol.

Thank you! Great link :) I see that I am partial to the triangle scape LOL! I love Tiger Lotus! I found a great plant spot today...it will help me immensely! Plant Finder - Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants

I went through all the plants that meet my requirements and wrote down all the ones I love. Now I just need to find out the best spot to buy! Too bad I don't know anyone getting rid of trimmings. That'd be most excellent :)

Back
Top Bottom