Glowlights vs black phantom tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the phantoms are active?
IMO Yes. But it's all in how you treat them and they're environment. Stress may also affect they're behavior. So overall, if you treat them well and they have a happy life, they should be quite active.

So there's still more people for not active. It's kinda a debate now. Phantoms. Boring or active?

I actually picked up some glow lights Friday and im really pretty amazed by how much I like them. I bought 10 of them for $10 at petsmart and they're all doing fantastic. Normally I lose at least two neons or cardinals when I add a group of them even though I do everything correctly so in my experience i have to say glow lights are really pretty hardy. And as for activity levels and schooling they're pretty good. They're more active than my cardinals and at least always have 7 in a fairly tight school when moving around the tank, but usually there's 2 or so that stick with my cardinals. Their colors are a lot better in home than in store, pictures really don't do them justice either. Might be worth a second look for you

Edit: also I have a 75 gallon tank, so I think as far as you losing them in your tank, I think you'd be okay

I actually picked up some glow lights Friday and im really pretty amazed by how much I like them. I bought 10 of them for $10 at petsmart and they're all doing fantastic. Normally I lose at least two neons or cardinals when I add a group of them even though I do everything correctly so in my experience i have to say glow lights are really pretty hardy. And as for activity levels and schooling they're pretty good. They're more active than my cardinals and at least always have 7 in a fairly tight school when moving around the tank, but usually there's 2 or so that stick with my cardinals. Their colors are a lot better in home than in store, pictures really don't do them justice either. Might be worth a second look for you
+1
Good info there:)
But now we just need some more testimonials on the bpt

Glow lights are defiantly more active, I have found the bigger bodied tetras are not as active and do not school as well. I would go glow lights in my opinion

Well if you look at my tank you will see in a nutshell how the two will behave

Glow like to mix with the general school but close to each other as well.

Phantoms you will see by them selfs around the tank

That's how it usually is other than seeing them in motion.

Attachments

• image-155859383.jpg
    image-155859383.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 55
My bad! So what is this fish??

And out of your glowlights and phantoms, what do you like better??

Attachments

• image-1819979930.jpg
    image-1819979930.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 39
Uhm the black one is an algae eater. Can't remember which kind

The orange one is a snakeskin barb (very very active) but they do like to play chase with each other. But they don't bug any other fish.

And out of the two mmm hard to say.

I would have to say I like the phantoms a little more just cause I have so many tetras and they don't have the same body shape so it provides some variety, the lack of activity doesn't really bug me.

Pretty much if you don't have too much stock I would go glo cause it would be a little more appealing. If your pretty well stocked like my self I would go phantom so you see something different as you look around the aquarium.

Edit: I think the orange fish is also called a rhomb barb

2 German blue rams
8 rumynose tetras
4 juli Cory's
1 angle fish
1 bn pleco
I think I'm goin with the phantoms, I like the circle shape and the cool color spots and fins. Just to be sure, they swim around a bit though right? I mean not like frozen all the time? And they are really hardy correct?

Oh yeah they will swim around but they will kind of find a little territory in a part of the tank that they like more than the rest, so they will go for a stroll around the tank and then ultimately end up back in their spot.

Are they good with my stock?

Not too familiar with pleco and Cory but if your rummy's are doing okay with your angel and rams there shouldn't be a problem.

Usualy Angels like to eat tetras but for what ever reason I haven't hand any problems with mine.

So I'm about set on black phantoms. Not nippy though right? Now I kinda like lemon tetras, do they color up nice? And also, black skirts. Do all of them work? Any more active than the others, and all are hardy or no? I just like the body shape of them

Back
Top Bottom