Help! Algae!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K just bought a chek valve..now to try diy co2. Anyone have a good recipe?

Gboy66 said:
K just bought a chek valve..now to try diy co2. Anyone have a good recipe?

I'm interested in other recipes too. I've tried DIY CO2 so many times, but I can't get it to produce over a bubble every 3 seconds.

Austin.b said:
I'm interested in other recipes too. I've tried DIY CO2 so many times, but I can't get it to produce over a bubble every 3 seconds.

Really? Weird. Im using the recipe
2 cups of sugar
1/4 tbsp yeast
1/2 tbsp baking soda
Up to 3/4 of the container water

Not making any bubbles yet really..hmm.

So far this planted tank=FAILURE. :'(

WOW. I LOVE co2. It is working wonders. My plants look beautiful, and the anubias had another leaf coming as of today ONLY because of the co2. Thanks so much guys!!

My only concern: its producing bubbles like 2/second lol

Gboy66 said:
WOW. I LOVE co2. It is working wonders. My plants look beautiful, and the anubias had another leaf coming as of today ONLY because of the co2. Thanks so much guys!!

Should pick up soon... The good part is that just started to produce CO 2

Gboy66 said:

Your plants are going to Skyrocket with co2

rkilling1 said:
Pick up soon? That's more then I put into my 75 gallon tank. I think that is plenty. I would be worried about the fish at that rate.

Yes i sortof am. However, shrimp looks great and the betta is strong as a horse no joke. If ghost shrimp start to die...we know theres a problem.

Im really excited to see new growth!!

Quick question, could i put my nerite snails in my sw tank? Or would that kill them?

Yes i sortof am. However, shrimp looks great and the betta is strong as a horse no joke. If ghost shrimp start to die...we know theres a problem.

Im really excited to see new growth!!

Quick question, could i put my nerite snails in my sw tank? Or would that kill them?

no, i dont think so. just acclimate them very very slowly. You might also find some baby nerites...

Ok, help. The bubbles are decreasing slowly..why? What can i do for more?

Also, the bubbles started coming out of the tube in the tank a few days ago, but then they stopped and arent coming out of the chopstick anymore. Help!

Back
Top Bottom