Heres my 120, just started my cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gregcuoz

Aquarium Advice Regular
1st pic is pure LED.

2nd pic is 2 48" blacklights and blue LEDs

Attachments

• tank 1.jpg
    tank 1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 101
  • tank 2.jpg
    tank 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 94
Wish I went with black sand. I upgraded my lighting since I put the sand in. IWas thinking of once its cycled, taking some out and adding black sand. Not sure how that would look though

gregcuoz said:
Wish I went with black sand. I upgraded my lighting since I put the sand in. IWas thinking of once its cycled, taking some out and adding black sand. Not sure how that would look though

looks awesome! you could add the black sand now. since its not cycled and theres no fish. it wouldnt hurt at all!

looks awesome! you could add the black sand now. since its not cycled and theres no fish. it wouldnt hurt at all!

I was thinking that also. my only concern is I already have 150 pounds of sand in there. Think it would b ok to throw 50lbs of black and mix it in?

if you do that you might wanna take some out considering the weight. im not big on mixed sand imo but if you can try it out if you like.

if you do that you might wanna take some out considering the weight. im not big on mixed sand imo but if you can try it out if you like.

Its tempting but Id hate to combine black sand with regular sand and end up not liking it!!! Wonder what it looks like? Wish I could see what it looks like before I do it. :banghead:

I've always been a fan of the white sand, thats what i put in my 29 gallon and it looks great almost natural especially with the LEDs and blacklight, Id imagine it would be easier to clean because you can see debris better

Back
Top Bottom