How does my new 10 gallon iwagumi aquascape look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Check my rails" lol

img_2484013_0_9e12713d9f4e4ea0be2f8597de13ddfc.jpg

img_2484013_1_758481523348a0b0f6411d92e7abb19f.jpg

img_2484013_2_924f818b44a51c2f3a08a96d2eb3de5d.jpg

Thanks so much, Fresh2o! I currently just have it taped because I want to make sure I put it in the best spot before I glue it.

"Check my rails" lol

Thanks so much, Fresh2o! I currently just have it taped because I want to make sure I put it in the best spot before I glue it.

They look good. I see you went with the longer ones? Centered (front to back) should be fine.

One thing I've noticed with the increased height is the slight increase in light that escapes from fixture. If I make more on these I might make them tad shorter.

The super tiger shrimp, amano shrimps, and thai micro shrimp are coming today! Pretty excited!!!

Soooooooo awesome!!!

Love the Micro crabs!

They are pretty cool. Its fun to walk away for an hour then come back and try to find them. Sadly we had a DOA on one of the 2 super tiger shrimp :( definitely never ordering from bobstropicalplants ever again. But I got a good pic of the other tiger with some baby RCS.

img_2486876_0_bdb9c21525983bf6a1c295f1346f2bfb.png

They are pretty cool. Its fun to walk away for an hour then come back and try to find them. Sadly we had a DOA on one of the 2 super tiger shrimp :( definitely never ordering from bobstropicalplants ever again. But I got a good pic of the other tiger with some baby RCS.

That tiger is awesome! Are the tigers and micro crabs okay with baby RCS?

Yea, tigers are scavengers and micro crabs are filter feeders. The micro crabs ar about as big as a baby RCS any way.

I currently dose excel daily and flourish twice a week (is this ok with shrimp?). Is there anything else I can dose besides those ADA ferts you mix yourself? They just cost alot and I hear they are a pain to mix and dose. Must be shrimp safe!

I currently dose excel daily and flourish twice a week (is this ok with shrimp?). Is there anything else I can dose besides those ADA ferts you mix yourself? They just cost alot and I hear they are a pain to mix and dose. Must be shrimp safe!

bobstropicalplants sells a NPK+Trace combo pack of dry ferts, shrimp-safe. In a 10 gallon this would last you a VERY long time. They are fairly simple to dose, an easy estimative index method is linked below the ferts:

CSM+B NKP Combo Pack Bobs Tropical Plants

Co2, Fertilization, Algae and more updated 10/10

Those are specifically Thai Micro crabs and are fully aquatic and stay tiny.

There are almost no fully aquatic crabs, I think I remember reading 4, but only this one is (sort of, but hard to get) commonly available.

Thanks for the info bud! Just was looking at the tank and noticed these little white things darting around the tank. :( ugh its always something.

Thanks for the info bud! Just was looking at the tank and noticed these little white things darting around the tank. :( ugh its always something.

I bet they are Copepods. I have them in my shrimp tank (since there are no fish to eat them). Mostly clinging to a surface but occasionally darting about in the open water. Think of the Plankton character from the Sponge Bob SquarePants series. But not green.

I bet they are Copepods. I have them in my shrimp tank (since there are no fish to eat them). Mostly clinging to a surface but occasionally darting about in the open water. Think of the Plankton character from the Sponge Bob SquarePants series. But not green.

Im not sure what they are. They have little tails so they are probably copepods. Is there a small fish that doesnt eat baby shrimp but will eat the copepods? Im pretty OCD so I dont like the look of them.

Back
Top Bottom