Huge emergency! New Setup Overstocked and not Cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewsPistol said:
I havent, I really want too! But I better just shop around for a different piece. It is a very pretty shape tho, with a bunch of holes for swimming around it, I should have known it was too good to be true!

I saw another lady just say she has it in hers and its doing ok.for now

AndrewsPistol said:
Don't have a dishwasher :( was gonna put it in the oven, but that would dry it out I think

Yea id boil it for 30 mins. That way u can see if any tannins come out in the water.

If you CAN... It isn't necessary. I use a water changer from the tap and I put it right in. I treat my tank right as I start the water flow.

AndrewsPistol said:
Sooo so I'm gonna change this water, I treat the new water before I put it in the tank... Correct?

Yes and put enough to treat the entire tank NOT what you took out

Well, I woke up this morning to find the heater in the 20 gallon shattered at some point last night. The temp in the tank is about 68, thinking I will move everyone to the 55 gallon this morning. The heater is releasing a black powder. Hopefully it won't kill these little guys!

Girl if it aren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all. Moving everyone over sounda like a plan. Just bear with them. You have been off to a rough start but your gonna do just fine!

AndrewsPistol said:
Well, I woke up this morning to find the heater in the 20 gallon shattered at some point last night. The temp in the tank is about 68, thinking I will move everyone to the 55 gallon this morning. The heater is releasing a black powder. Hopefully it won't kill these little guys!

Wow. Was the oscar in there? I had to get a indestructible one cause my oscars were breaking them.

randy86 said:
Girl if it aren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all. Moving everyone over sounda like a plan. Just bear with them. You have been off to a rough start but your gonna do just fine!

I know right! I do have a small problem, my lobster is in his den and I can't coax him out... Any ideas on how I can get him out so I can float him? He is tucked away in a cichlid stone. Maybe put the whole stone in a bag?

AndrewsPistol said:
I know right! I do have a small problem, my lobster is in his den and I can't coax him out... Any ideas on how I can get him out so I can float him? He is tucked away in a cichlid stone. Maybe put the whole stone in a bag?

Yes id do that. As to not stress him to much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom