It's finally here (Moving Day)**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was addressed on page 1. As a public service, I will quote from the entry:

Jchillin said:
The tank will be a lightly planted cichlid tank. Plan is to move the angels and pleco out of the 30gal and add some German Rams and Keyholes. Some nice corydoras also. Plants will include anubias, ferns and maybe a couple of moss balls

Man...guess where I am right now? Answer: Stuck at work. No matter, the balance of the shipped stuff didn't arrive (it's scheduled for tomorrow). So, no loss there. The good news? I'm off tomorrow! I get to spend the entire day losing my mind about when the stuff will be delivered.

Ok all you "Fluval" fans. Why didn't ya'll warn me that this thing is like building a house? I have never seen so many clamps, rings, connectors, etc. Not to mention that I have to measure the hose and then cut appropriately. I guess I can understand why they ship only one long hose as opposed to two of a similiar size...LOL.

Man, what a lotta room in those media baskets!!!! And the foam is HUGE! I'm finished with the media section and now on to the impeller, hose and clamp assembly.

I wish I hadn't pushed the tank into it's final position...I gotta get behind it now. :D

When you get your fluval up and running, let me know how you like it. I'm planning on buying either a fluval 304 or a filstar xp2 for my 29 gallon tank. Let me know (other than the hassle of setting it up) your thoughts on it.
Thanks!
Keep us updated.
-Stewie

Nice choice. This is the best hobby...I get so excited when I get a new tank! Lol. I feel like a little kid. :roll:

Hey that might be a plus to the Eheim.. Mine was plug and play.. [after loading the media]

IS the tank full of water? hehe

Well, I've completed the hook up of the filter, rinsed and installed the gravel and now I'm at a complete dead stop. The remainder of my stuff has yet to arrive via UPS (although the tracking info says it has been enroute since 6:00 am this morning). So now, I wait and wait and wait.......

Wahoooooo! UPS just arrived and everything is here with the exception of my Large Pagoda Rock set (sniff) which is out of stock. That was intended to be the centerpiece of the tank.

On a lighter note, my tubing seems to be very uncooperative...keeps detaching from the brackets (both sides). Any suggestions?

I am setting up my ~ 75 tank this weekend also, I understand the excitement. I just got back from Lowes and the local lfs. Bought most everything at Lowes after looking at prices. Hopefully I will get it done this weekend.

Ah...the morning of Day 2.

The water is crystal clear. My cats are completely confused. Since we moved the 30g and now this one is set up in it's place, cats are going nuts between the two and can't seem to figure out why there's nothing in the big one...LOL.

Wow! That filter looks like a beast :D
Aren't you afraid that your fish are going to fly around the tank? Or does it just look like it's really hard current?

Great looking tank :wink:

Billsgate said:
Wow! That filter looks like a beast :D
Aren't you afraid that your fish are going to fly around the tank? Or does it just look like it's really hard current? Great looking tank :wink:

LOL...it's not that forceful once the spray bar is submerged.

Thought I'd post some initial deco pics...wood only for now.

Long driftwood:

Big wood:

The big stone is being used as a weight...LOL

Good looking driftwood! Shame that your centerpiece is missing. Do you have any idea when or wether it will arive? If not, I would look for some more pieces of driftwood to fill the empty spaces! You never have enough hiding places for plecos, keyholes, and other shy fish :D
Another thing you could try is emptying out coconuts. They blend in perfectly in an amazon based tank. My keyholes used the one I have allot before they were moved to the 28.5g. The dominant male owned it and slept in there. Now he just sleeps underneath the driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom