It's finally here (Moving Day)**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The unfortunate part is BigsAls will not know when they will have it and they website will not give any indication. :evil: More driftwood...agreed.

The hunt for something similar is on...just hope I kind find it. Instead of coconut shells, my wife has donated (shhh...) some of her unused flower pots.

I just hope the SA's don't get confused by the blue/green gravel. :D

Congrats on the New fish Digs!!! Nothing more exciting than feeding your habit..err...addiction...err....hobby itch, ya thats it. :wink:

revhtree said:
Congrats on the New fish Digs!!! Nothing more exciting than feeding your habit..err...addiction...err....hobby itch, ya thats it. :wink:

"Hello, I'm Jchillin...and I'm a fishaholic"

I'm placing the blame and responsibility for MTS squarely on the shoulders of those who are responsible. Shame on you all! :wink:

Jchillin said:
On a lighter note, my tubing seems to be very uncooperative...keeps detaching from the brackets (both sides). Any suggestions?

The only clips I use on my fluval are the one to get the hose around the corners. The suction cups to hold the hoses in place are superfluous if you mess around with your tank a lot like I do. I have a sponge from a Rena internal powerfilter jammed on the intake tube as a pre-filter (more surface area, less internal filter maintenence) and I rinse it out with water changes. I knock the hoses about and the fall out of the clips..... so I usually don't bother re-clipping.

Not overdone at all! Maybe in the long run you can get rid of the fake plants, but it still looks very nice!
Can't wait to see some real plants in there. Or are they real? :lol:
A thing I really like is placing some anubias on the driftwood. Attach it with a rubberband or something. I just took the rhizome of my anubias and pushed it in an opening in my driftwood. It came loose once in the very beginning, but now it has attached itself with allot of roots, and the roots really give a 'jungle' feel to the whole :p
Again, looking very nice, you could even add more caves or driftwood or rocks if you like, IMO. I think fish benefit from having a choice of where to hide :D

I think its all a waste. You should stop what you are doing, go and buy one more tank and try a 3rd time. Isn't it 3rd times a chram.....

Just kidding, but if you needed the ammo to continue with the mts I will back you up with the pros any day of the week. Its looking good JC.

By the way I added some new fish to my tank so my 3 rainbows now have company?

I like your mix of wood and stones. Once the plants fill it out I'm sure it'll look sweet. I wish I had a digi cam to share my progress. i have taken pictures but haven't dev. the film yet.

(My hands smell like wood). I must admit that I'm very impressed with what is going on so far. The entire family has provided enormous help (which I didn't think I was going to get).

Mazdaman - I like your suggestion...I guess I could fit another tank in the foyer(?)

Meredith - You make me feel like I coordinated a fireworks show. :D

Billsgate - Yes, yes...more..wood...caves....more of everything...plants on the way!

Tom - Thanks for your support. I had mentioned before...fish and photos...what a combintation! :D :D

Ewww, that looks horrid Jc. :p
If your fed up, let me know. I'll come unload the burden for ya. :wink:

(J/K my buddy for those who think I'm being mean)

Fluff said:
Ewww, that looks horrid Jc. :p
If your fed up, let me know. I'll come unload the burden for ya. :wink:

(J/K my buddy for those who think I'm being mean)

:D :D :D
I knew I could get at least one honest opinion out of someone...LOL

Unfortunately ringfinger, I ran into the same problem. Tanks that sell online have enormous shipping/handling fees due to it being shipped via overland frieght.

I had to bite the bullet and buy from my LFS. Price wasn't too bad and they delivered it on time and set it up also (brought the stand with it).

Back
Top Bottom