journy to sw nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coraline isn't always purple, your chances are its a beneficial algae like coraline.

Oh, thanks! Lol. Trying to set up a saltwater tank... But as you can see... I need to do some research lol.

true coraline is known to be in many other colors but i have dark green light green brown and red colored stuff what in the world could it be

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
your goin saltie too! read up il help best i can

It'll probably be a long way off... Money is just too tight right now. I haven't started seriously researching yet... I'm just skimming through the site builds trying to figure out the basics lol. Now back on topic lol.

Just kill the light for a couple days.

Oh and wolf I'm CYCLED! AFTER LIKE 3 months.!

Chances are it will go purple after being green for a bit. Now is a great time to get in the habit of either going over the glass once or twice with a magnet scraper or use a sponge scraper every day, and use a razor blade when needed. Once that stuff gains a good foothold on your glass, it's pretty hard to get it off. Shutting the lights off will do very little to nothing at all. Hope I helped a bit, and good luck with the coralline, it really tests your sanity sometimes.

thanks thom i think il let it build on the back wall and clean the rest. i hope all that green explodes into pink. Does coaline suck the salt out of the water?

i feel pwcs are going to be a good friend from now on. any insight on the brown growth on the base rock? if it's diatoms i dont think il mind to much it adds color to the pale base rock

Base rock, and moreover your whole tank will go through a series of algea cycles ranging from brown to rellow, and to green. Unless it starts to grow outward from the rock, I wouldn't worry.

thanks i dont mind the color and i dont believe it's a nussiance either im pretty familiar with the bad algaes. it's nice to see some color and life for once I'm seeing my hermits and stars more heres a full tank shot for fun lowered brightness on camera because light was to bright in the picture

i dont think i was ever told but with my fixture what would i be high mid or low light i wish there was a 20" but im getting the 4x24w 24" fixture 2 20000k 2 actnics what level light would i have?

What fixture do you have again, I need to be reminded every now and then. With a 4x24w T5 HO fixture, you should be able to keep basically anything with the exception of anemones. I would still worry about the amount of lost light in those extra four inches, but it's probably not as bad as I am imagining. Two 20k bulbs? I'm assuming this is a typo right? Only a person (insane IMO) that loves the color blue (and lots of it) would get those in combination with 2 actinics.

im slightly insane :p it's the FNI fixture should be ordering in the next few months the t8 i have is 18k and it's not that blue at all more white with slight blue tint what k rating would you suggest?

il see what fni has for k ratings in the morning its getting late here. i just cant wait for some corals. thanks for the help thom

Back
Top Bottom