Just bought this. Stay tuned...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a quick update. I upgraded the pump 92gph just wasn't making me happy. The new pump is rated at 180gph, it's suppose to NOT produce heat either. Got it from Micro-Reefs so we'll see.

Seems to be a popular upgrade for little nano tanks.

needmorecowbell said:
Very nice.. With a pistol shrimp? Gboy and nunu did that and they liked it.

Pistols are by far one of the coolest sw creatures.

Yes I will definitely be pairing up with a pistol. Now with the pistol shrimp can you have any other inverts? Or is it the pistol and that's it?

Depends. My pistol was kinda agressive.... He was a jerk to my other shrimp even in a 30 gallon. I think he killed my cleaner and peppermint :(

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Depends. My pistol was kinda agressive.... He was a jerk to my other shrimp even in a 30 gallon. I think he killed my cleaner and peppermint :(

Ah man that stinks. The wife LOVES cleaner shrimp so I guess I'll try it anyway. What about a snail or two? She likes snails also.

I'm really excited about the new pump, hopefully it will be here this week. It's suppose I create less to no heat and are made for nanos I got it from micro reefs.

What type? Some of the most helpful I've gotten are the turbo, nassarius, and nerith, I've never seen the bigger nerites do anything but clog pipes and jump out of the tank. I have a jumbo turbo named tank who is well... A tank. He has survived everything in my tank from the very first day I added him and keeps on munching away at algae.

needmorecowbell said:
What type? Some of the most helpful I've gotten are the turbo, nassarius, and nerith, I've never seen the bigger nerites do anything but clog pipes and jump out of the tank. I have a jumbo turbo named tank who is well... A tank. He has survived everything in my tank from the very first day I added him and keeps on munching away at algae.

Maybe nerith and nassarius. I was thinking maybe a bumble bee or 2.

Why don't you get a Golden coral banded shrimp and some sexy shrimp.You will be able to see them all the time unlike the pistol.Also at least one fighting conch,cool to watch.

Ricksreef said:
Why don't you get a Golden coral banded shrimp and some sexy shrimp.You will be able to see them all the time unlike the pistol.Also at least one fighting conch,cool to watch.

That's a thought. Thanks. I'll look at those. Never heard of a fighting conch. I'll google that now.

Yea like I said I'm open to suggestions. I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna do other then my corals. Live stock is still up in the air. I had bad experiences with my emeralds. They tore up my polyps and zoas. He's gone. I have 2 strawberry crabs they come out every now and then. There huge!!

Alright dude i like your goby idea with the pistol, or go with a boss clown goby and a small free swimmer?! Firefish? I dunno....

Back
Top Bottom