Just bought this. Stay tuned...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I'm gonna do is have the moonlights or blues go off at 2am and then both will go on at 7am. Whites off at 8pm. lol hope that made sense. When I went to get the rock I really didn't realize how small the tank is lol. I may take the top piece off and crack it just to make it a little smaller or take it out completely and move the one rock out a little so there's open space all around. Not sure yet I'll wait until it clears up fully. Theres about 10lbs of live rock and little more then 8 pounds of live sand.

What do you think of the top rock? Keep it or not? I'm kinda leaning towards removing it. Kinda hard to scape the way I wanna with such a small tank. I'm thinking if I remove it I'll have more open space and a flatter surface for corals and for corals to grow. I dunno it's still up in the air.

See how overpowering the blues are it's crazy!!

image-1721570871.jpg

image-3894448696.jpg

image-386233836.jpg

Here's how bright the moonlights are.

image-4293452929.jpg

paytertot said:
Maybe just break it into a smaller piece? Or idk if it can be repositioned but you could try that.. idk lol

Hey! Hi! Yeah I'll take a hammer to it in the morning.

Also no heater in yet and it's 78 degrees.

Lol you know I'm no saltie, so advice will be very limited from me. Ha. I mean, I was excited for being able to point out a bubble tip nem at the fish store yesterday. Lol

paytertot said:
Lol you know I'm no saltie, so advice will be very limited from me. Ha. I mean, I was excited for being able to point out a bubble tip nem at the fish store yesterday. Lol

Hahaha awesome job to you then lol.

Chief I would say break a piece off of it. Kinda looks big but then you might not think there is enough if you take it out completely. I am planning on beginning the surgery on the hood in a couple hours. Hope I don't mess up lol.

Here's it is cleared up. this is with the blues and whites on. 7 whites and 4 blues. I've seen some other arm like lights online maybe I'll get one of those. I saw a nice jbj light but the wife Is like your kidding right? More shoes for the wife I guess lol.

image-4202586464.jpg

image-2084367419.jpg

image-2530106172.jpg

And I threw some rubble in the second chamber.

image-2265070614.jpg

Also just wanted to note that I have no heater yet and even with the AC 77 the temp reading in the tank are 78. I'm still gonna get a heater any suggestions? There's room in the back chambers for a heater but I don't wanna get a cheap one that I can't dial in (I hate those) is there a small heater that's reliable for nanos?

Also 22 Engine I may break a little piece off just to drop the top rock a little lower below the water line and good luck with your project today!!! Pics when done!!

I'll be waiting!!

Stay safe brother.

Last edited:
emerald76 said:
I say keep the rock
It looks stunning where it is

Thanks!! It's a toss up but I do kinda like it the way it is. Your really limited to scaping lol. NOT use to this lol. Only so much in a 8 gallon :)

If I may interject here, I think the rock looks perfect the way it is...it leaves some crevaces in the back and provides just enough attention from the front. Just leave it! Cant wait to see the corals you pick as well as the stock!

That fire goby looks awesome!

(Also, I am not a salt guy but your making me want to try and set up a nano for my parents)

I like the rock the way it is city. But its hard to imagine it the other way. Hmmm.... I'd say leave it, what if you break the rock and then end up hating how it looks? Then you would really be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Ahhahaha! Oh I crack myself up sometimes :)

sally pu said:
If I may interject here, I think the rock looks perfect the way it is...it leaves some crevaces in the back and provides just enough attention from the front. Just leave it! Cant wait to see the corals you pick as well as the stock!

That fire goby looks awesome!

(Also, I am not a salt guy but your making me want to try and set up a nano for my parents)

Thanks for the kind words. I'm gonna keep it!

butterfly_koi said:
I like the rock the way it is city. But its hard to imagine it the other way. Hmmm.... I'd say leave it, what if you break the rock and then end up hating how it looks? Then you would really be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Ahhahaha! Oh I crack myself up sometimes :)

Your right country! If I mess up breaking the rock then I'm really stuck! Leaving it! That's final. Now just gonna let it cycle and figure out stock and corals.

I am just worried about flow rate behind the rock. Is there any hidden openings i am not seeing. Looks like a breeding ground for deitruis and other crazy algae. Just my 2 cents. Which, consequently I should be charging around 4 cents do to inflation within the aquarist community. Ugh.... Random, I know.

Back
Top Bottom