Lets see your Africans!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AndrewsPistol said:
Well my tank is definitely far from peaceful but they aren't killing each other either lol

I see you have a peacock? I made that mistake And my fully grown peacocks get beat up by my 1 inch auratus! Try not getting anything too aggressive because the peacocks will get battered when the others grow :)

Womble1234 said:
I see you have a peacock? I made that mistake And my fully grown peacocks get beat up by my 1 inch auratus! Try not getting anything too aggressive because the peacocks will get battered when the others grow :)

He is actually a pretty tough dude! When I bought him he was in a tank by himself because apparently he couldn't play too nice with others but he isn't vicious here. He loves cucumber tho and will totally protect it till I take it out lol. I do have a crazy mix... I'm taking a chance n dynamics are good for now :)

Last edited:
AndrewsPistol said:
He is actually a pretty tough dude! When I bought him he was in a tank by himself because apparently he couldn't play too nice with others but he isn't vicious here. PHe lives cucumber tho and will totally protect it till I take it out lol. I do have a crazy mix... I'm taking a chance n dynamics are good for now :)
P
Sounding good :) what's the big stripy red one pyou have? A hap?

Also I got him because my little guys were beating each other up n I really needed a boss, I was pretty understocked!

Womble1234 said:
P
Sounding good :) what's the big stripy red one pyou have? A hap?

The yellow one? He is a mutt, a cross breed, almost my favorite :) awesome personality! The silver one is a Compressiceps, he is a hap. He isn't a push over either :) saw him flaring at my mutt the other day I was worried for him being in an aggressive environment but he does very well :)

Last edited:
Womble1234 said:
The boss?

Pretty much, they watch out for him more of because of his size. I see him Chase some around now n then, especially if I put veggies or wafers in the tank, other than that he is pretty laid back. I'm pretty sure the true boss isn't established yet. The little guys are always gettin into lol. He will break up a fight every now n then.

I have an afra that is barely an inch that will stand up to him here n there too :) he is so darned cute when he thinks he is tough lol, I worry because he would have no problem fitting in one of the big guys mouths lol

AndrewsPistol said:
I have an afra that is barely an inch that will stand up to him here n there too :) he is so darned cute when he thinks he is tough lol, I worry because he would have no problem fitting in one of the big guys mouths lol

Haha :)

AndrewsPistol said:
Pretty much, they watch out for him more of because of his size. I see him Chase some around now n then, especially if I put veggies or wafers in the tank, other than that he is pretty laid back. I'm pretty sure the true boss isn't established yet. The little guys are always gettin into lol. He will break up a fight every now n then.

That's a bit like my tank, my venustus is the biggests and everyone's scared of him, the boss won't touch him! But he doesn't even bother the other fish, never been in a fight, but he's scared of the baby auratus :D

Wow I have seen some great looking africans on here, almost makes me want to switch over to the Dark Side of cichlids lol. They have so much color.

Womble1234 said:
That's a bit like my tank, my venustus is the biggests and everyone's scared of him, the boss won't touch him! But he doesn't even bother the other fish, never been in a fight, but he's scared of the baby auratus :D

Lol! Fish r so funny!

darkmatter_3500 said:
Wow I have seen some great looking africans on here, almost makes me want to switch over to the Dark Side of cichlids lol. They have so much color.

Haha, what have you got?

AndrewsPistol said:
Lol! Fish r so funny!

I had 2 strawberry peacocks, one got stick and the other was bullied to death :( and a juvenile yellow lab disappeared? :(

darkmatter_3500 said:

The colors are very pretty! So many varieties! :)

Back
Top Bottom