Low-Tech 10g Planted Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That one that didn't do so well at first. He's also a little plumper :D

IMG_2825.JPG

FTS (as you can see the bigger dw is gone, but the smaller one is still there, although a little hard to see in the pic. still thinking about the moss)

so after all that, this is how it turn out to look like?

look NICE BTW. :) like the white shinning sand.

Yeah, the price is usually about 35$, I got mine for around $5 off ebay. It hasn't died yet, which is a plus...

It does look cool. I'll have to put it on my mental list lol. I'm near broke right now, just enough to afford some prime this weekend. However my bdays comin up in a couple months and I hope to buy/upgrade some stuff (heaters food filters etc.) and the stuff that I don't buy then I'll buy around Christmas. Hopefully by then I'll have everything I need and I'll just need to buy replacement cfls and food. Which reminds me, I was thinking about getting some kensfish food but do you think it's small enough for them to eat? I'm thinking it's 1mm but I'm not totally sure.

Ate time so my 5g is starting to develop some serious algae and since it's acrylic it's a pita to clean so I moved my nerite over there to try to help. Also I found a ramshorn in my low tech tank :eek: so I moved that to the 5 as well since it doesn't have plants and I heard they might eat plants. Also most of my cpds are pale except one :( is it possible that they all went hermaphodite or something or is something wrong? Also starting to see some brown algae on the glass in the low tech :(

what u can add to the tank r moss ball, moss ball will lower the chance of algea grow.

Moss balls are actually balls of cladophora, a type of algae. And over time will leave you with an almost incurable infestation of cladophora algae.

Moss balls are actually balls of cladophora, a type of algae. And over time will leave you with an almost incurable infestation of cladophora algae.

The moss balls are related to the cladophora algae, but they aren't the same. It is possible that the bad algae will tag along, but the moss balls themselves aren't invasive.

Back
Top Bottom