My 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the Fluval 106. Those Eheim filters are called "classic canister" for a reason - a bit too antiquated for my taste.

The Fluval 106 is cheaper than most Eheims. It has a flow control, self priming, and modular design - features absent in Eheim. But that's my personal opinion. I know people still love their Eheims.

My guess was the 12L (aside from a Rivercats' inspired 220g... Haha)

I really like the Fluval 106. Those Eheim filters are called "classic canister" for a reason - a bit too antiquated for my taste.

The Fluval 106 is cheaper than most Eheims. It has a flow control, self priming, and modular design - features absent in Eheim. But that's my personal opinion. I know people still love their Eheims.

My guess was the 12L (aside from a Rivercats' inspired 220g... Haha)

:agree: I never liked the Eheim classic canisters....I did almost buy the pro 3 for my 60g, tho....I got a fluval 106 for my rimless nano build as Brian :D

Okay cool, I didn't see the flow control in the description on amazon. That's one of the things I was really looking for... Thanks Brian. Now to convince the wife to let me make some purchases... Maybe I'll buy her some new shoes... Haha

SWEET!!! :dance:

Let us know when we can bust out the :popcorn:

Edit: You must have bought her some nice shoes!!! I might have to steal that idea when it's time for me to convince my significant other of a LARGE tank build!

Tank and other items shipped today. I should have the main stuff by the end of the week. Excited to finally have my dream setup that I can sit back and enjoy and maintain, instead of wishing for it... Hardscape may come as early as this weekend if the substrate comes in!

SWEET!!! :dance:

Edit: You must have bought her some nice shoes!!! I might have to steal that idea when it's time for me to convince my significant other of a LARGE tank build!

Gave her a nice massage last night and I'll be doing some more kissing up in the future... Haha
Dude, I almost wanted to go all out and get the 48 gallon mr aqua, but I resisted the temptation... Haha

Oh man... the 48 Mr Aqua is on my radar... but it's just not feasible for at least another year+. I've been watching this guy's build on TPT (here) drooling :(

Yeah you're telling me... both my girl and I are in college (again) working on a 2nd degree career change... we're the epitome of 'starving students' at the moment. However, I still manage to budget SOME money for this hobby! LOL

Some money? You've got some expensive little tanks! Haha. Since I don't have to worry about my hungry betta in the new tank, maybe I can make some of the money back by selling some shrimp once the colony grows. I'm probably just going to go with RCS, though.

You should try other Neocaridina species of shrimp. The Neo's such as Rili (red or green/blue), Yellow, Pumpkin,and Painted Fire Red are basically morphs of RCS and therefore are just as hardy and prolific breeders as the RCS. You would probably make more $$$ on them than standard RCS.

Marine Depot is sending a new one out today. He said UPS may pick it up for claims investigation but if they don't just discard it. Haha yeah right, I can eventually replace that little piece of glass and and have twin 12 longs...

Ouch! Sucks you have to wait for another delivery. What a buzz kill! Haha.. Well glad to hear that marine depot's customer service is good. Man... If you can keep both and fix that broken side, you can put them side by side and have the first 24-Long! Haha

You can do a sick version of this:

Serious buzz kill! I work for ups so I was fearing having a tank shipped. Sad that my own company let me down... Oh well, another one will be here by Friday(hopefully) and if that one is broken I'm just going to will call it. Marine depot is about an hour from me. And yes, their customer service is excellent. The guy seemed generally bummed out that it arrived broken. Emailed them pics of the broken glass and got a reply immediately. Not to mention, their shipping conformation email is hilarious!

Marine Depot is sending a new one out today. He said UPS may pick it up for claims investigation but if they don't just discard it. Haha yeah right, I can eventually replace that little piece of glass and and have twin 12 longs...

Way to be positive! :) And discard a tank?? :eek: lol.

Back
Top Bottom