My 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No way! That's like a 2200% upgrade.

Yeah, we're DEFINITELY gonna follow the hell outta that build! You have to get Rivercats in on this monster. She's got the advice for this build in the bag. I can't even imagine the cost of decorating it.

You should check out the driftwood seller who sponsors the forum. He has a banner on the PC version of the site. I have his driftwood in two of my tanks. Either that or hunt down your own piece from the wild.

What are your plans so far? Any pics? Substrate? Light? Man, what a tank! You must be so pumped. Either that or soiling your pants! lmao

Oh my gosh, how awesome! I dream of a tank that big! Lucky!! Definitely following!

Okay here's the deal since my plan didn't go so well yesterday... I WAS going to build a custom size rimless tank out off the 1/4" glass from my 55g I had laying around. Well it turns out glass is harder to cut than I thought, and that plan went in the trash. However, I was pricing glass and for what I want, the cost of the glass might be cheaper or close to the same price as a 12L with shipping. It will be the same length as a 12L at 36" but will be around 11" wide by 11" tall... Would make it around 18 gallons, I believe. It's still up in the air as of now though. I might end up doing a smaller rimless tank for my bedroom like the 11.4 mr aqua, and a large rimmed tank for the living room like a 55 or 75. What do you guys think? Opinions? Do I sound crazy???

I love rimless tanks, I think that rimless tanks instantly make the tank a piece of art lol. Gee Brian stop confusing everyone! :lol: and Billbug, I think those are great ideas...your not going crazy, MTS is just hitting you hard lol

I love rimless tanks, I think that rimless tanks instantly make the tank a piece of art lol. Gee Brian stop confusing everyone! :lol: and Billbug, I think those are great ideas...your not going crazy, MTS is just hitting you hard lol

Yeah, I have to keep it at most 2 tanks though, got a busy life here with a almost 4 year old, 2 dogs, work, yard work, house work, etc. I don't like getting behind on maintenance, so 2 tanks is my limit. It's just hard to decide what I want and invest in it. I want the large tank because I've always wanted to keep some angels, but I also miss having shrimp so I want a shrimp tank... Just mulling over all my options.

Yeah, I have to keep it at most 2 tanks though, got a busy life here with a almost 4 year old, 2 dogs, work, yard work, house work, etc. I don't like getting behind on maintenance, so 2 tanks is my limit. It's just hard to decide what I want and invest in it. I want the large tank because I've always wanted to keep some angels, but I also miss having shrimp so I want a shrimp tank... Just mulling over all my options.

Yeah I have that one big tank full of my angels and I'm doing my little shrimp tank now. We have the same taste in aquaria :D I think I would go angels if I had to choose, since they are so beautiful and graceful, and I kept Amano shrimp with them no issues so that can be some shrimp for you...that's just my personal opinion. Yet a shrimp tank would also be very cool I think the larger tanks especially with angels would be awesome :) don't let me influence you tho

Wait wait wait just one minute! I never said it was a 220! Hahaha Brian you got everyone all confused!

:angel: Haha... I thought we were still playing the guessing game? I just threw one out there and didn't expect everyone to run with it... But that would have been an interesting build, one that Rivercats might have found particular interest in :whistle:

I might end up doing a smaller rimless tank for my bedroom like the 11.4 mr aqua

Anyway, I think that's a GREAT option! Although the 17.4 isn't that much bigger and a 24" Finnex Ray 2 would look AMAZING on that!!! Just look at the dimensions, (24 x 12 x 14.4), you'll have plenty of play room in that.

Back
Top Bottom